Hey people :) bit of a starlet noob as you can probably tell, I really want to get my starlet to get 0-100 in high 9s at the least, does anyone know what parts to look for? I know everyone says to get the rolla intake but I'm sure my starlet already has on unless the rolla looks the same but is bigger, any info would be awesome :) will make a build thread if I do it :)

jeeeeeeeeez didnt spot that :cray:

so back to the op you can change to rolla tubular intake mani and a 4efte TB

exhaust wise fit a 4efte 1 with a custom up pipe

rip the head of and start port matching

then a rev upgrade !!!!!! fit 4efte loom ecu and dizzy coil setup ( yes it will fuel fine in na form )

lightweight pully set and a 4efte light flywheel :) :)

there is plenty more you can do but how deeeeep are your pockets ????

jeeeeeeeeez didnt spot that :cray:

so back to the op you can change to rolla tubular intake mani and a 4efte TB

exhaust wise fit a 4efte 1 with a custom up pipe

rip the head of and start port matching

then a rev upgrade !!!!!! fit 4efte loom ecu and dizzy coil setup ( yes it will fuel fine in na form )

lightweight pully set and a 4efte light flywheel :) :)

there is plenty more you can do but how deeeeep are your pockets ????

Thanks for the info man. Pockets aren't too deep but will see what I can do :) I may already have rolla intake, from photos I've seen mines the same unless the rollas is bigger

A Gen1 4EFE ECU.

tutorials-2-1267401327_zpsueig3kus.png

And yes thats the corolla tubular inlet you have.

Really? Cause i bought this car off an old guy and i cant imagine why he would have put a rolla inlet on the car. Does that give any indication to what motor this is? I didnt know the starlet motors came with the rolla inlet

The gen2 jdm engines had the cat just under the manifold iirc. If its not there and is under the car its prob a uk engine with a rolla mani fitted.

what car is it youve got?

Its under the car, I have a ep91 reflet f. Idk why it has rolla mani :p unless someone put it on there before i got it

I just looked my car up on CARJAM and it is a JAP import so it cant be a UK motor can it? :p im so confused hahaha

Also standard Green injectors if that helps :) Just had a look under the hood to check colour

Edited by glentwenty

Hmm yeah maybe! So if i already have rolla inlet that rules that out. Gotta get my hand on a gen1 ecu then and exhaust manifold :) Dunno where im gunna find one of those ecus over here.. not much Starlet hype over here haha

Why breaks the torque down at the gen1 engine?

Is there something which switch on/off?

I didnt see this 100hp engine bevor...but it is very interesting!

The gen2 ecu had slight adjustments from the gen 1 ecu to reduce exhaust emissions