• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A mates just managed to find a GTti after listening to me bang on about my old one. He cleans windows and found it parked up rotting and managed a to strike up a deal for it. Bit of a state but I've shown him your build as inspiration and with a bit of luck there will be another one saved!

Great progress as always, love the fact I get to see someone doing what I'd always planned!

A mates just managed to find a GTti after listening to me bang on about my old one. He cleans windows and found it parked up rotting and managed a to strike up a deal for it. Bit of a state but I've shown him your build as inspiration and with a bit of luck there will be another one saved!

Great progress as always, love the fact I get to see someone doing what I'd always planned!

Cool man! Get him to join the gtti page on facebook. No active forum so all the infos on there.nathan munns is the man to speak to for parts

sweet man handle like a pro

do you mind taking some measurements of them ?? hub slot with and hight from topmount to bottom mounting hole of the hub bolts

Can do! For the starlet? Front golf mk2 coilovers fit with the hole enlarging slightly so i reckon starlet ones could fit. Rears are different to starlet as also have hub mounting holes like the fronts.

Front coilovers on and ride height set. Gotta do some arch work and fit camber bolts on the rear to get some 195 50 tires on

787F0B1F-BE3E-4906-9104-44D791EED628_zps

Sensible ride height for track

AF0D4FB6-D004-4C5A-8FF3-21C531E70250_zps

Standard wheels on rather than sit on axle stands. Low on 14s

8820C925-A395-48E4-BE1D-7CF35873996E_zps

Tracking is miles out now so need to get that down and get the coilover socks.

Edited by Ollieh17
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Was meant to do the hill climb at retrorides in this, but leaving things last minute i didn't have time to sort a clutch issue. It really was shit. The clutch is custom with two diaphragms to be able to handle the power i want. No one else has ran this type and it fouled badly on the gbox.

364F3F3B-8165-42BE-BA04-C2C2B10C38A4_zps

1059545B-252E-475B-845A-25BCC5451EEA_zps

Hopefully get the box back on and all sorted in time for my 15min session at forge action day this weekend.

Picked up a set of 4 direzzas ready to stick on. Should handle and grip amazingly.

F07CC559-2477-42A3-9D1F-6F9124DF6772_zps

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...