Hi all,

Firstly just like to say hello, just bought my first Starlet few weeks ago absolutely loving the little monster but have a question about rads.

Currently my car overheats on idle. give it about 15-20 minutes and it'll reach about 120 and start to spew coolant out of the overflow pipe. My GT is a fully forged TD04L, running 270.

My car has a Civic type r half rad, so i did abit of googling and seen mixed responses on a few different websites, some for and some against. and was just wondering are they no good? should i get a replacement rad? was looking into that package that Tuning developments offer with triple core rad and slimline fan.

Another thing as well is, when my car over heated and vomitted coolant everywhere i noticed there was some oil residue on the floor around with the coolant.

Any idea what this could be? HG? Not have chance to get the car jacked up yet as i've been on holiday. hoping its just a cracked hose.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Gorilla

Welcome to the starlet scene, I'm sure admins would agree you need to post up a thread introducing yourself in the newbies section,

As far as the overheating goes there are basics you need to check; leaks, faulty thermostat,bad fans and the worst warped head!

I doubt anyone would forge a 4e and use a stock civic rad, but I guess there's always a first time,

Is the coolant mixing with the engine oil? Check the dipstick for a milky residue,

Best of luck

As above het yourself a build thread up always good to see what youve got :)

Is it an alloy rad or a stock civic one? What fan has it got and is it in the front or back and is it flowing the air the correct way

I have been looking into these one's, just very unsure what you think?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=291266646980&alt=web

I got myself a Direnza half rad, the build quality is awesome, I'll get the baffled aluminum slim fan set up, it should be good enough, currently running the stock with a single fan (A/c out) so there's no backup fan and haven't had any heating issues..

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=371344580939

Edited by shaeeb