Car overheated yesterday and now the radiator started pushing water into the overflow bottle. Today i changed the radiator cap, fan, flushed the system and put new coolant but it still pushes the water out but it's not overheating. Why is it pushing the water out?

:sad: I don't know if the head gasket is damaged but i found what causes the car to over heat. The rad fan fuse was melted so the fan was continuously cutting on and off while driving. As for the head gasket, shouldn't the lose power if its leaking because the pulls fine :sad:

I had a rover mini metro that did this I took the thermostat out & drove it like this for about 12months fine.... It was a daily shed to get me about, I did take it to a car garage & they couldn't find the problem apart from they said your head gasket might be on its way out but like I said it ran with no problems for 12 months with no thermostat in then sold the car on for cheap.

So have ago at taking the thermostat out see if it settles.

Thanks guys. I took the thermostat out like 2 years ago. But i think i've found the problem, as all you guys said it's the head gasket. :cray: The radiator bubbles while the car idles, the exhaust smells like coolant and it still over heats. It stressing me out atm so i think i'll park up the car for a couple months and just build a forged 5e. :sad: It was inevitable.

Edited by starlet_kid