Got car mapped made very bad power 😨

It's only a freashly built forged engine so should be no problem with compression, Going to change intercooler pipes and air filter and go back up to him. Can't think of much else, have to check dump valve as wel

It's only a freashly built forged engine so should be no problem with compression, Going to change intercooler pipes and air filter and go back up to him. Can't think of much else, have to check dump valve as wel

Freshly built means nothing if it's been done badly. Only takes five minutes to check compression.

Ap performance dyno is also a low reading dyno.

I have seen cars mapped on that dyno that made 200bhp and then to go on other dynos to make 220-230bhp.

Aonghus mapping is flawless usually and spends more time than most getting cars right.

i was about to say that it may just be the dyno....some places have low reading while others seem to have high

on our local dyno i suspect you wouldn't make much over 170/180whp using a tdo4 at 1.2/1.5bar...on race gas maybe add on another 20/30whp

when you say laggy,,,,is this on the dyno or on the road??

what rpm does it spool at and what rpm is full boost at?

Edited by gorganl2000

Aonghus dyno is known as the heartbreak dyno as it reads low/accurate. Take it to another dyno and you will see you lost power.

All though personally if it drives well, i wouldnt care what figure it was. Anything aonghus maps will drive great on the road.

Yes I know it's a low reading dyno but I still should of seen better power I think, it's not getting full boost till 4200 put pulls hard to redline starting to spool from 3000rpm,

first few inches of my exhaust is only about 2 inches wide I think have to measure and change it, also have bad bend on an intercooler pipe so change them and try again I guess

it could be just the dyno mate. some do read low. you can always take it to another and do a power run. by the way full boost@4200rpm for a td04 hybrid is not laggy. sounds normal.