Jlf88's new 'project shed'

Well, her plans are to tidy her up a bit first (faded plastics, deep clean) get some service work done (bearings, oil change, filters, timing belt, plugs, etc.), Then start on styling and tuning.

On the styling side she's already got wind deflectors (who hasn't), but going to get a sunroof deflector also, as the noise is horrendous, but it's so nice having it open. She came with the optional extra MOMO alloys (but will need a real refurb as have bits of damage and only been sprayed without filling and smoothing), and I miss the winky faces shed had so getting some for her, and I don't have any ideas beyond that, untill I have money for Glanza body parts.

As for modifications, got a pipercross panel filter, got lightweight water and alternator pulley, have a 5e-fhe full exhaust (manifold to tailpipe) to pick up this weekend, then need to source 5e-fhe throttle body (or 4a-fe), 4e-fe tubular intake manifold, certain set of corolla (or Glanza) injectors, piggyback ECU (emanage blue probably), and humming and haring over whether to take a risk on blown coilovers and trying to rebuild them, or just get springs as need comfort and height when heavy laden, and then go from there.

Got ideas, just need money and to source parts.

And the GLS come with better interior in a lovely colour, same on door cards, clear corners, rev counter, chrome trim in various places (handles, grill, window seal, dash, door cards), can't remember what else, but the interior alone and rev counter make a huge difference, and Chrome door handles make a subtle but  nice look. GLS is top spec for a reason, that's for sure. 

Finally managed to source a tubular intake manifold for £40 so well happy, everyone was wanting £100 🤣 couldn't believe it, greedy so and so's. 

Well, got a 5efhe full exhaust system, wasn't expecting the back box and tail pipe to be so big, 5efhe injectors, and a couple lightened pulleys. 

Just need to wait for the other parts to turn up, but probably won't get everything cleaned up and put on for a couple months.

But it's a start, struggled so much to source these parts, used to be an easy task, now it's near impossible. 

PXL_20210531_184425303.jpg

PXL_20210531_184843975.jpg

PXL_20210531_184649176.jpg

PXL_20210531_184416116.jpg

Yeah it looks the nuts, unsure how hard it'll be to fit yet.

The 5efhe acis intake is the best one, but want to see how it dynos without first, see if I can warrant hunting one down. Thanks though. 

Yeah I know what you're talking about, but the high lift cam is from the acis version of the 5efhe engine is what I was saying. But high lift only really works at high revs and benefits bhp, I'm aiming for a nice torque curve, and don't want to increase the rev limit. 

Well today's a bit of a productive day, took the day off work to get a head start as busy most of the weekend, most of the way through installing noise reduction insulation, and two packages turned up, intake mani and throttle body 😁

PXL_20210604_112005957.jpg

PXL_20210604_111953507.jpg

PXL_20210604_111956472.jpg

nice work

on the cam its peak flow is aimed in the rpm of 3k to 6krpm. its from the 5efe and 4efte. it works very well with the low rpm high velocity e11 corolla tubular inlet you have here. this e11 inlet manifold ramps up the engies torque output from 0rpm to around 2krpm, but is very restrictive in the topend rpm coupled with the 4efe cam set means you have very low engine torque output past 5krpm, which is felt with super slow 80 to 100mph times. what i can find on the internet this cam has been missed with people thinking the uk ep91 and 4efte/5efe cams are the same. there not. the inlet cam on the 4efte and 5efe have 1mm more lift. the 5ehfe has 1mm more on these as well as 1mm more on the exhaust cam. 

I have a ep80 gen 1 4efe GI cam set to measure as well as a ae101 4efe gen 1 set im hoping to find yet another difference. 

Edited by Sam44

is this throttle body the sera 5ehfe unit. if so whats the internal diameter. 

the reason is i have a 5efe paseo running the power inlet manifold/sera inlet/4efte inlet/4efe gen1. trying to get the most out it. that inertia is nice. 

i have a 4efte inlet cam here if you are interested.  

Edited by Sam44

This looks like the 5efe TB. The inlet is identical to the turbo one, but necks down to 45mm towards the plate. It also has the variable TPS.

I also believe this tubular manifold will provide massive gains up to 4-5k rpm. It will be a restriction though in the upper rev range compared to the turbo manifold. Dyno testing is your best friend on these things.

Edited by candy_red