How can I bring idle speed down ?

Could be a vac leak causing the bad idle. I've had a lot of trouble with a mates car I've been working on idling really badly due to all the vac lines being a mess. Would be worth checking them all as it would be an easy fix.

If it was down to vac lines would the idle not be all over the place? it's like it's a cold start all the time and the rpm isn't adjusting when the engine gets warm going to try cleaning out the icv tomorrow see if that helps

Remove the rubber bung on the top of the body. Be a flat blade screw which adjusts the idle... Before you do that though, with the car running put your hand over the throttle body. If it continues to run then you have a vac leak which is going to be what's causing the high idle. If it cuts out then just adjust the screw.

Awesome thanks a lot was out in the pissing rain looking for a screw but yeah will do that tomorrow and hopefully it sorts it out..failed mot today because of it id never even noticed it it's only a about 300rpm out think the guy is being a knob tbh

Warm Idle on most cars is about 800rpm. Cold will be about 1200.

If it didn't kill the engine though I suppose that means there isnt one.

yeah I let it warm up a good while before I adjusted it .. Just St dropped it off for a mot re test so will see how it goes