Starting a thread that I can update along the way! I've had the car around a month now, I've been focusing on putting a handful of things right and generally learning a thing or two!

Current spec, some bits were already fitted, some I've fitted myself.

Engine wise:

Standard 4e lump

Wound up stock ct9

Relocated air filter

JPerformance half size rad

JPerformance fmic

JPerformance downpipe

IDworkz short route hot pipe

Jasma exhaust system

Hks actuator

Hks FCD - Not great I know..

Zisco mild steel manifold

Braided oil return

Handling wise:

BC coilovers all round

Team Dynamics Pro Race 3

Yokohama parada spec 2s

Whiteline rear ARB

I had the chance to take the car on track over the bank holiday, unfortunately the weather wasn't on our side and made for a wet and greasy as hell track - which was great fun for some hooning around but my grip was limited on the yokys, left me at a loose end wanting to put the car through its paces in the dry..

8b10512eb4272f583c65ebd96a42b1be.jpg

One evening last week I got my zisco mild steel manifold and oil return fitted, which was a good job, removing the turbo to get at the underside of the mani was pretty straight forward - whilst I was there I fitted a new mani gasket which I assumed I'd need, bad choice, blew out after mondays blast which was frustrating so had all the turbo back off again last night replacing the OE metal gasket - On route home and a loud unusual whistling develops on boost, turns out the gaskets blown on the compressor housing to hot pipe, must have been through disturbing it a little too much..

Managed to get it fixed up today, made myself up a new gasket out of some 4mm truck spec hose cut to shape, will see how it fairs up, must be better than the little fibre one in there.

082cbed5c6572d82b00e2fddaf3f1647.jpg

Sat behind a wagon winding through the lanes on my way home just summing up options for the car, turbo swap, management, fueling, caging and braces etc, endless.

It's a journey I'm glad I've started and I'll update as and when.

Tim

Edited by Chtec

Got round to fitting my catch can many thanks to whitenoize for the gear looks great.

Posted Image

Got a couple pics of the car playing with my proper cam

Posted Image

Posted Image

Only a few bits left for a td04 and taking it to the track on monday, fingers crossed it's dry this time lol.

Also thanks to the great community on here for being so helpful providing spot on info.

Hope everyone's enjoying their saturday

Tim

jasma is on all jdm exhausts it's like the safety/noise standard the all exhausts need to pass in Japan your exhaust looks like a 5zigen to me

Ahh didn't know that! It wasn't on my rsr or buddy club must just be a selected few

Great day at curborough sprint course on monday, rain was on and off but stayed away for a few hours giving the track time to dry out so I made the most of it before it got all soggy again..

Motor was spot on all day never skipped a beat, no snaps of it on track unfortunately as I was the only one there with a camera

If anyone's around the west midlands area and fancies a track day it's awesome there keep an eye on the curborough fb page for dates, the tracks ideal for the glanza!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 3 months later...

I was in the process of removing the FCD from the glanza, followed the loom back and discovered it's got a HKS PFC F-CON fitted.

Posted Image

Does anyone know much about these systems and or anywhere that can map them?

I bought emanage blue to go on the car that I planned on running my td04 set up with but this was a pleasant find!

After doing some research I may be at a loose end with the F-CON. No GCC or the specific 'HKS' map sensor which is said to be essential. I think it may be easier to run the emanage, I know I've got everything I need with that and it can be mapped without the headache. Has anyone any idea what the F-CON is worth?

TC