importing car from south of ireland to north

It's a pain in the ass from the south be best to get one from the north or over here I've done it from the south and the north.. Is the car Irish registered? Or coming from Japan It's not hard like just a pain getting it all registered again getting another mot etc

Can't you just drive it ?

Please excuse me if that was a stupid reply but I guess I must be missing something ???

could drive it over from the north but I couldn't insurer one I got from the south because when they put the reg in obviously it wasn't recognising it also couldn't tax the car for ages or mot it until all the new reg and log book came etc was a right pain

I mean the import duty etc, do you have to pay any when going from south of Ireland to the north of Ireland? Then the registration change etc.

no don't have to pay anything about 30 to re register it and get your UK plates then mot and tax.. Bare in mind they are wankers in the mot stations in Northern Ireland I'm from carrick myself I'd to change the clocks to mph and get a fog and a few other bits that arnt required down south Edited by Whitenoize

Brilliat thanks, that's good to know. Its coming from the south, not a fresh import. So really the only cost will be the new registration etc?

yeah mate new reg mot tax all the usual stuff you ring them up and ask for a registration pack and they post it out to you Edited by Whitenoize