It's the typical response really from people who assume you're in your first car and don't know a thing about them. I can hardly be a dick my self and drive around with stickers saying what I've owned in the past although sometimes I wish I could lol.

Just looking forward to having more fire power in the future so I can at least keep up on the straights. it's the first time the lack of power has bothered me to be honest as I just like the car being clean and driving it around.

just keep cruising & enjoy it:-) there's always going to be someone that my cars faster than yours, you have got a nice little classic there:-)
  • Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha I'm not on a downer with typeR owners and rate the cars but this one in particular seemed a bit of a gimp. Obviously a half decent driver (maybe without their other half screaming at them in the passenger seat) would leave an sr in the corners too.

Once had someone in a pulsar race my gt4 and afterwards said "I know it's a celica but what the fuck have you done to it?!" He didn't know what a gt4 was and he was in a pulsar.

Got quite a bit done this weekend. First off were the 98 spec glanza door cards that I randomly managed to find this weekend. Already ordered some 96 spec glanza ones though so might have them up for sale soon but the currier hasn't managed to deliver them yet.

EA0C80AE-4915-4A54-A1A8-509BB477F415.jpg

0F71559A-50A4-4341-8C3B-C89BE07FF046.jpg

Next was the Corolla inlet- was a bigger pain than I thought but got there in the end. Made a custom bracket as the original one wouldn't fit- welded a washer on the under side so that the injector harness could still be clipped in place

18289FE9-855B-42F9-9E7E-E0535DE6A9C7.jpg

Still not totally happy with the way the throttle cable is but its secure and light. Car feels a little more torquey and freer revving but then it could all just be in my head! Next up is the drivers seat frame and a brake upgrade

Walker96 - couldn't you retro fit the winders on to them? Drill a hole through the door card or is it a bit of a mission?

Ryan- yeh I really want to get it sorted but then feel like just getting one with twin breathers. Either way it'll be black when it's sorted

Jack- ha ha it is a hell of a lot better but still need to finish the drivers. It should give me a much better driving position, sense of speed and hold me in the corners a bit better.

Rich- cheers buddy how's yours going?

Walker96 - couldn't you retro fit the winders on to them? Drill a hole through the door card or is it a bit of a mission?

Ryan- yeh I really want to get it sorted but then feel like just getting one with twin breathers. Either way it'll be black when it's sorted

Jack- ha ha it is a hell of a lot better but still need to finish the drivers. It should give me a much better driving position, sense of speed and hold me in the corners a bit better.

Rich- cheers buddy how's yours going?

Possible but won't be worth it in the end:(

:( well your car looks amazing mate so I wouldn't worry too much. You could maybe spray and retrim them?

I have sprayed them with fabric spray but it just comes off way too easy Edited by Walker96

Yeh I hated the grey one so got a black glanza one :) got an omp supertourismo on my garage wall but it doesn't give the car the look I'm after. Was very easy to swap over mate- there's a 'how to' on here somewhere but I can talk you through it on a PM if you like. Main thing is disconnect the battery and wait 30mins before starting work on it

Yeh I hated the grey one so got a black glanza one :) got an omp supertourismo on my garage wall but it doesn't give the car the look I'm after. Was very easy to swap over mate- there's a 'how to' on here somewhere but I can talk you through it on a PM if you like. Main thing is disconnect the battery and wait 30mins before starting work on it

Ah right just wondering if it will fit mine as it's non power steering