• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately it's my wife's birthday so there's no way I can make it :/ I should be able to make japfest 2 though and by then the car should be totally mint. Really need the bumpers doing and the wheels let the car down too so at least it'll be show worthy by then :)

The wipers came up a treat, I just took my time and did lots of coats of primer, paint and laquer so they should last a decent amount of time, makes a big difference to the look of the car

Unfortunately it's my wife's birthday so there's no way I can make it :/ I should be able to make japfest 2 though and by then the car should be totally mint. Really need the bumpers doing and the wheels let the car down too so at least it'll be show worthy by then :)

The wipers came up a treat, I just took my time and did lots of coats of primer, paint and laquer so they should last a decent amount of time, makes a big difference to the look of the car

Ooo looking forward to seeing it! Hopefully mines turbo'd by then ;)

Well the car got laser aligned this morning- I went for -2• camber and Ive got to say the car feels very naughty in the corners now, what a difference. The camber bolts have made a huge difference :) it feels like my old Clio 197 and for anyone that's ever driven one or a 200 you'll know that's a big compliment

Well the car got laser aligned this morning- I went for -2• camber and Ive got to say the car feels very naughty in the corners now, what a difference. The camber bolts have made a huge difference :) it feels like my old Clio 197 and for anyone that's ever driven one or a 200 you'll know that's a big compliment

where did you go for this? Need to get my car set up now I have settled on the alloys I have on the car.

your doing a super job mate, looks fresh.

Ooo which alloys did you go for? Thanks mate, it was kwik fit mate but only because I know it's a good one. They had no issues setting up the camber bolts.

I managed to win a set of 16 OZ crono alloys in very good condition, fit much better, thought they would need a refurbishment but there good in gun metal black, will stick a couple of pics up soon in my progress thread:-)

There is a couple of Kwik fits near me will try them out then:-)

Edited by mart1

You can tell how good they are by the type of staff cars and if the person you speak to has a brain or not lol. I walked in and the lads knew exactly what my car was etc and it was full of jap cars so I was happy. Yeh def get some pics up

Edited by Pikey009
  • 2 weeks later...

I swear these cars are the easiest things to work on I've ever come across. stripped the rear drums to replace the shoes and inspect/ re pack the bearings- took an hour tops and the handbrake adjustment was a piece of piss too, I've now got one that works again :)