• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's not how I imagined his thread to end when I started it but a really decent lad came and looked around her today leaving a deposite so looks like the car will be gone by the end of the week :( will probably be another car I'll regret selling but there's nothing I can do about it. Have loved every min of owning it though

I think I'd struggle to find one as good but I'm not ruling it out. Going to behave (ish) for a couple of years when I don't have to worry about the miles I have to travel then try to get my old gt4 back. The SR went today and I've got to say I was massively gutted. Had a lovely last drive in it-70 miles over to the new owner though

You haven't seen the last of this SR, and I will confirm that I will not be fitting glanza bumpers, bonnets, or bootlids, nor will it be turbo'd.

Anything else would ruin such a fine example in my opinion, and having the pleasure of meeting Jase over the past weekend, we discussed

my plans for it and it has become apparent we have very very similar ideologies. The same day the keys were handed to me, the seats were

swapped for the optional recaros.

I have big plans for this beauty, and will be making sensible improvements, a progress thread will be made at some point but for now I have

more urgent matters to focus on

Thanks again Jase, your a top guy, one day when I feel its ready we will both come visit you and the family again!

Edited by Trevstar

Ah Ryan, ever the wind up ;)

Cheers buddy was a pleasure meeting you and I was more than happy to see it go to such a good home. If you're ever in the area again then feel free to drop by.

On with the task of finding a decent fabia vrs... Proving pretty tough for my budget

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ok so I picked my old SR up today from Travis. As he is currently taking a break and getting back on his feet I offered to have the car back until he’s better and able to drive. The car has been sitting a little while so will require a few little bits but in general it’s as lovely as I remember.

I left at 9 this morning and got back at 6 in the evening so a pretty long day! I have his full blessing to put it back on here while i look after it. It won’t be getting modified just cleaned up, pampered and taken to shows in the summer. She will get a service, ambers are going back on as well as uk plates but that’s it. Oh and the spoiler has lifted on one side but just needs bonding back on and the car will be perfect once again. 

C84A6AFF-C869-4FDF-9B5A-31F85766B68C.jpeg

86F9F34F-5F30-4506-B74F-B8D5ECD3D9B0.jpeg

EC66F49D-EFDC-451D-A0D0-9A10F29679A8.jpeg

BE9D321F-B517-4015-8107-488912FF1276.jpeg

Cheers, it’s lovely. I drove it a little round my army camp when I got back and it’s just so cool, the custom exhaust sounds fantastic crackling and popping and just looks spot on like the original- you’d find it hard to notice just by looking at it. I did prefer the 98 spec interior but the Recaro fishnets are pretty cool.

hes got another black SR that needs a bit of work that I might be having as my own car once he has this one back. Can’t wait until I can get to a few shows next year either way. It makes my Fabia VRS feel very modern!