Took her up the airfield today after letting it warm up and checking tyre pressures. Ran like a dream, I forgot how nippy they are and was laughing all the way. The little lumpy bit on idle has gone now so it’s running very nicely.

092B77AB-A350-42F1-8C48-86A2DF1C69E7.jpeg

0F3404C5-17DE-4371-8378-A8F01CF5D4CF.jpeg

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next it was inside for a Hoover. Which turned in to hoovering the door shuts, boot hinge area and engine bay as well as the wheel arches. There were dead nasties everywhere and around 3 big spiders nests. The optional mats are back in as no one will be going in the back and when I’m in the front I’ll put the every day ones back in and save the options for show season.

59D93902-E207-4454-AC2F-E7BD49F8D956.jpeg

D1404658-ED08-4FF7-A0BA-466A7ED2432D.jpeg

The hoovering then turned into a 2 hour body clean, you can see the difference the waterless cleaner makes, brings it up like black glass. I gave the engine bay a quick clean but will go a bit mad on it once the new heat shield arrives and is painted.

ED83353E-2B1D-4810-AC16-6158544E4425.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Love the fact that it’s in a heated hanger :yahoo:trying to find places like that are golden and very rare, mines sulking under a cover on the driveway. 

Let me know what shows your attending this year as would love to see this in the flesh and get some pics together

Thanks will do, just depends what time of year I get it back on the road. I’m in no rush with it being shit outside at the moment but should be before Easter. 

The hanger is great, perks of being in the military I guess. If it were mine then you’d all be invited! 

• 2 weeks later...

Good: Service kit and plugs have arrived and will be getting fitted this weekend. Getting close to being ready for MOT.

bad: Might need to remove the radiator to drill out the sheered heat shield bolt. Rev gauge has stopped working along with the passenger electric window.

Also, does anyone have an SR bonnet sticker? The one that is fitted is lifting. 

C724D9C6-1E27-4A4E-991E-CF28B571B713.jpeg

Edited by Pikey009

Got lots done today:

Painted rear wiper
Painted engine bay brackets
Centralised steering wheel
Investigated and fixed rev counter not working
Changed short shifter to stock shifter
Changed gear gaiter and gear knob
Changed number plates to uk plates

replaced air filter

Wanted to do but didn’t have time for:
Change spark plugs (didn’t arrive in time)
Change fuel filter
Change engine oil and filter
Drop radiator to drill sheered heat shield bolt
Investigate pas window not working

As soon as the service is done it’ll go for an MOT and then a body shop to re-bond the spoiler. Then it’s all ready for japfest

Loving the updates buddy, you have been busy, I managed to start mine up today.....that’s about it :sad:

you not a fan of the short shifter? I have one on the supra and didn’t like it, so took mine off, never experienced it on the starlet though

can’t wait to see this at japfest 8)

Cheers mate, still a few bits to do but getting there. I barley get any time to spanner on the car at the moment.

it was dreadful, I couldn’t tell if it was in gear half the time and was just really notchy. Yeah it will be there all being well, haven’t been to a car show for quite some time and probably 10 years since my last japfest with the GT4

I fitted a brand new TRD short shifter on my ep85 and found it made the changes notchy I didn't like it.

The old GT4 getting a mention there mate! A guy at work was asking me to take him out in it when its back on the road after winter. Hes had a mk1 sierra Cosworth since new.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2018 at 8:15 PM, Pikey009 said:

Took her up the airfield today after letting it warm up and checking tyre pressures. Ran like a dream, I forgot how nippy they are and was laughing all the way. The little lumpy bit on idle has gone now so it’s running very nicely.

092B77AB-A350-42F1-8C48-86A2DF1C69E7.jpeg

0F3404C5-17DE-4371-8378-A8F01CF5D4CF.jpeg

May I also ask what car is that front lip from?

Looks sweet, quite big/low though - any problems with kerbs when parking?