Glanza rear strut brace.

• 1 month later...

The glanzas have extra mounting plates on the strut tops for the brace that the N/As dont have so as Morgey says the bolt holes would be out.

Hi lads - how do you make the glanza OEM rear strut brace to fit on N/A EP91 so? !PLEASE HELP!

I have bought the 3 point glanza one (price was really good and has all the plastics! just needs painting as it's blue...). The plan was to fit it this X-mas but I didn't know that it won't fit...;(

Regarding the 90deg rotated fittment of top mount (as per photo below):

- Is it possible to drill another 2 holes (is it enough room there?) on top of each strut tower and bolt it that way?

How is the middle bottom part sitting then against the beam/back seat?

I've found out that glanza has an extra factory bracket there (see the part number 58225-10020 as per pictures below) but I'm sure someone has already done this excercise on N/A EP91 without this part and can tell me would couple of washers or 100x20x20mm(say) steel plate do ?

Strut tower top:

2012-111.jpg

Center bracket: (I wonder can I order it from local dealer...)

center10.jpg

v-brac11.jpg

What I also found this:

http://austarletclub.com/index.php?/topic/18747-how-to-glanza-rear-strut-brace-in-aus-spec-ep91/

but I don't think I'd go for re-welding!;(

Cheers and thanks in advance for all the help - I really want to fit this OEM brace instead of selling it and getting cusco..

Edited by Di_Bodi

Are the towers or mounts higher in glanza then in n/a???

some photos of my strut bar:

Lovely condition boot;) - I'm not too sure would I ever cut any plastics there!!

20150610.jpg

20151210.jpg

not only the alignment is the problem but the hight as well! It's sittin gon the plastic so I'd need to rise the hole bar up? How it comes the glanza has it right?!?
20151211.jpg
20151213.jpg

alignment:
20151212.jpg
20151214.jpg

The bottom plate seem to be at strange angle (not level to floor) and hopefully the seat hinge won't be on the way!
20151215.jpg

Who has it fitted - PLEASE HELP

Edited by Di_Bodi

Wow I never knew they were that far off- I missed out on one by £1 on eBay last month! Trimming the plastics isn't too bad mate. If you've got a dremel then it's fairly easy just measure and take your time cutting. I cut the basic outline using the mini cutting blade and then using the mini sander to neaten and trim a little more as I went. That way I didn't over cut the plastics.

The covers won't fit back on as standard but i was thinking of trimming them to see so I'll let you know.