Took my newly acquired glanza on the dyno today at Noble Motorsport but was slightly disappointed with the figures tbh, the car drives absolutely brilliantly but I'm a bit puzzled by the boost.

It's got a Blitz sbc boost controller and on it's max setting is set to 1.4 bar (it has gone up to 1.5bar on the display but I put that down to the colder weather), on the dyno there boost charts are showing a max of 1.2bar and the dyno operator did say that the controller was only showing 1.2bar max aswell. Now obviously as a result of this the figures seemed low, 235hp and 202ftlb @ fly, car was dynoed with previous owner at 218hp @ wheels which would equate to somewhere around 260ish?

I know no two dynos are the same when it comes to power figures but surely the boost should be the same? I haven't got today's graph to hand but the boost is rock solid 1.2bar across the revs, the fuelling is rich at 0.6 lambda (I only know afr so not sure what that equates to) and at 7k rpm they seem to be picking up a slight misfire, curves are nice and smooth and it is still making power up the top end until the misfire, haven't noticed this miss when driving it though.

Anyone any thoughts? And yes the controller was in it's highest setting lol!

Might help might it!

Its John's (Ro55ifumi) old Glanza

Engine Internals

Fully Machined and Polished 4EFTE Bottom End
Fully Stripped, Cleaned and Rebuilt 4EFTE Cylinder Head to Standard Spec
Wossner 74.5mm Low Compression Piston Kit with Rings and Pins
Scat 4EFTE Forged Conrod Kit with ARP Rod Bolts
Athena 1.2mm Uprated Metal Headgasket
ARP 2000 Uprated Headbolt Kit inc New Washers

ACL Main Bearing Kit
ACL Big End Bearing Kit
ACL Thrust Washer Kit
Genuine Toyota Full Gasket Kit
Genuine Toyota Oil Pump Kit
OEM Water Pump Kit
OEM Cambelt Kit inc Idler & Tensioner

Engine Externals

RW Developments race spec rocker cover ,braided lines and catch can

Magnecore HT Leads
JD Tuning Engine Damper

Turbo & Exhaust

Race-Tech TD04 Turbo Kit, manifold, downpipe
RW Development 2.5" exhaust system to 3" Japspeed Back Box

Fuel & Air

430cc Injectors

Walbro 225 fuel pump

Japspeed FMIC
Greddy BOV

Electronics

EManage Blue ECU - Mapped by Will @ RDT

Blitz SBC-ID boost controller

Boost gauge

Controller hasn't been touched, it has 3 settings set up: 1.0,1.2 and 1.4bar. We turned it onto 1bar setting when I picked the car up as it was wet and then a couple of days later turned it onto the 1.4bar setting and left it on that since, I've not adjusted anything else that I know of.

Won't be able to get the graph until next week as I left it there like a numpty! Everything on it looks fine to me, but the 0.2bar must be costing it a fair chunk of power.

There was a fair bit of over fuelling out the exhaust whilst it was on the dyno so I've left the car with them and they are going to tweek the emanage, hopefully it's not locked otherwise be start from scratch.

If it was that rich the plugs would be black, have you checked the plugs? When this was on the dyno at Wills there was an issue with the rocker cover breather pipes shorting out the king lead, check thats not happening again because that causes a miss fire under load and it would also make it run rich as its not burning the fuel properly.

No as the cars not with me.

I've left it with them to underseal it and they were going to look at the map at same time.

They are calling Monday with what they find but if it is something simple like that then I'd investigate it myself before changing maps etc

I think it must be something else as it uses hardly any fuel and drives spot on, I've not noticed any misfire either.

Im collecting next weekend so il see what they say about and then il check plugs, leads etc. Suppose it won't hurt to change the plugs whilst I'm checking them tbh.

I would like to see the fuelling on the previous graphs to compare.

Il probably take it to another dyno next year and see if that reads any different to Nobles.

• 2 weeks later...

Try a different boost controller. Some of those SBC units are known for solenoid failures, and hence won't produce the desired boost pressure, that may be why the car is running rich because it's not getting the air its expecting.

No I didn't get it remapped in the end as I wanted to check the plugs etc first.

On the way back it was boosting up to the normal amount so I reckon it must of been something to do with the sensor at the dyno, also checked plugs when I got home and they looked perfectly fine too.

Took the car out last night to pick the missus up from a party and it was boosting perfectly fine up to 1.48bar then aswell, so everything as normal!