Third Time Lucky? Pete's Third Starlet, Turbo time!

So this is now my third Starlet, The first one was a White SR which I put in a bush but still drove it for 3 months after it happened. (Build thread: http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/84287-petes-white-sr-build-mr2-throttle-body-dynoed/) Then I had my second one which was turquoise but was unfortunately hit head on after the other person hadn't given way on a round about :( (Build Thread:http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/92700-petes-second-starlet-in-turquoise/)

So now this is the starlet I picked up yesterday. Paid abit more than I did than the other two but its worth it. Its so unbelievably clean to the point anything was there from factory as the radio is and the cig lighter is still looks to be brand new and the dash isn't broken unlike all the starlets I've had or worked on. The body work is really good as well still has a few age related marks but that is expected for a car this age but no dents at all. It has 85,000 on the clock which isn't as good as the the turquoise one which is at 66,000. So here is a few pictures of the new starlet.

hsvt4j.jpg

2qx3v49.jpg

n1tffd.jpg

Also did a repair on one of my indicators that had broke in the usual place. I would rather do this repair this diy as you can't see when its on the car but it saves me money and means that a starlet part hasn't gone in the bin.

2ykyn2b.jpg

bi43gp.jpg

35c0kgh.jpg

Edited by *Pete*
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks very solid mate! Milage isnt bad still fairly low! :) hope you have better luck with this one!

Yer and thanks, I did receive the day before my old was smashed into, I a load of service parts so I'll just put them on this.

Got my radio in today, didn't want to cut the loom up so brought this adaptor thing.

20h9ftw.jpg

x5ytsy.jpg

Also put in my sr parcelshelve and the wires that are behind the trim through the seat mounting did have to cut a little bit of trim to do so but tried to keep it neat

2r62w04.jpg

2u6gp7b.jpg

Haven't really been doing much still having having problems with insurance so this is the second week I have now had to buy temporary insurance at 140 a week to get to work.

But did a little work on my inlet mani and throttle body got them bolted together now.

2da173k.jpg

Brought the lenses just before I was crashed into for the other starlet but got round to fitting them.

10cn0uh.jpg

Also made a battery tray and had it powder coated for when I move the battery out of the engine bay

1z5ubma.jpg

Edited by *Pete*

At the same time I had my strut brace sand blasted and now got it in primer but I thinking of doing it a dark blue so the engine bay will be body colour graphite grey and dark blue mainly, don't know if it will look good or not what do guys think go body colour or a dark blue

30c994l.jpg

I like the battery tray :)

You gunna relocate it to the boot?

Plan too and Thanks Rick. Got some news back about my other starlet which I getting back plus £640 so that was nice surprise today

Where abouts is the wire for the rear speakers mate? Need to dig it out so i can fit some lol

Usually it's on the drivers side behind the rear quarter plastics (I believe) but not all of them have it, mine didn't so had to wire it all up myself

Usually it's on the drivers side behind the rear quarter plastics (I believe) but not all of them have it, mine didn't so had to wire it all up myself

Should be there Ive had 3 now with it in different models and different years. It is folded back on its self usally dont see why yours doesn't have it as the wiring looms should be same. Only difference is from 96-97 to 98-99 they changed how it came through the firewall

Edited by *Pete*