• 1 month later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not much to update lately lol, still gathering up bits for the turdo conversion. have got, turbo mani and cat both stock, sump too. have sorted but need to lift yet, ct9 turdo, thermo housing. still need quite a few bits lol, downpipe from cat, inter-warmer system, air intake system, oil feed block and pipes, water pipes(pipes may be with turdo?)and some other bits. electric wise im going to go with a 2 plug GT ecu and engine loom with hi/lo boost control, the remaning car plug i will have to make an adaptor from a few duff ecu,s so i can make it plug and play. of course im open to ides on other ways for the electrics but this is a Budget job :p also my neighbour decided to reverse into it the other saterday, long story short parts have cost her 140£ and paint is costing her a further 250£ new bumper and tail light, bumper and splitter painted, bootlid inc plate surround painted and q/panels blew in to match, boy doing it restores classic VW,s and his work is top notch. WP_20161203_12_48_07_Pro_zpsmsllbwnt.jpg

got paint money from the neighbour last night so waiting on my paint guy getting back to me, im off for xmas for 15 days tomorrow so over then will do :thumbsup: also fitted a rather nicely painted glanza front strut brace 8)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not much to report lately, still purring away and no bother :) its on Kuhmo ecsta spt all round now, epic wet grip tyres, picked up some new rims, rear brace and a new steering wheel

Still gathering Turbo bits up, Big thanks to all the Northstars folk who have helped me out so far

• 1 month later...

Not much to report lately apart from,

Snapped the rear stub axle day before mot so missed it, got a new axl off the legend Jay in portavogie. 2 new bearings, 2 new slave cylinders and new handbrake shoes, failed on rear imbalance out by 1%, it was only off the ramp an hour and 15 mile done so not bedded in yet, back to workshop and turned driver's side shoes upsidedown which improves it greatly. Front caliper wee bit sticky too so pumped piston out and wound back in few times and greased up sliders etc then back to MOT and passed.

Its for sale now and the GT4 ended up being broke and parted out

Ah no way what happened to the gt4?

Cylinder 4 was 2 psi compared to 170 odd on 1,2,3 so decided after a while it was worth more in bits, sad day as it was the cleanest one I've seen and i spent months looking for it

Ah well, upwards and onwards, new project has had a deposit payed on it and will be revealed in the coming while

Hopefully the Shell was saved. Didn't fancy a forged build on it?

Aye that was the plan but was creeping above the 3k mark that i didn't have lmao

Shell was mint and went too the scrap boat but I've the money back on it and loads of bits here still so happy days.

Also sold the Glanzlet today and picked up my new toy, 1995 mk3 quadlight GT Turbo starlet. Will start a thread soon