Marks sr back again + *4-2-1*

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very impressed with your build so far. I have a few probably stupid questions. Are you running this on the standard ECU? If so how?? I have a set k2 throttle bodies sat in my garage and may ha e to ha e a go. I can see your using your standard TPS good mod. And the vacuum line  are you running that to the ecu? Thanks Dan

2 hours ago, Mxdsnny said:
2 hours ago, Mxdsnny said:

Very impressed with your build so far. I have a few probably stupid questions. Are you running this on the standard ECU? If so how?? I have a set k2 throttle bodies sat in my garage and may ha e to ha e a go. I can see your using your standard TPS good mod. And the vacuum line  are you running that to the ecu? Thanks Dan

Hi mate I was running it on the stock ecu yes for a few weeks but I had to take them off as the fuelling was terrible and it needed adjusting to suit the itb's with a aftermarket ecu but it did run and drive on the standard ECU no problem. With the vacuum I took it off the 4 runners into a vacuum block and then ran the map sensor line and brake booster vacuum to it and also the fuel regulator vacuum. Nothing to the ecu. But yeah have a go it's a good project :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So not much of an update but I do have a few parts coming together, I made a little spacer ring for the gauge to fit the larger hole in the pod. And I finally decided to go with a ecumaster det3, seems like a few people have had good experiences with using it so I thought I'd give it a go.

4MF6DE2.jpg

3q5j7pT.jpg

r41XnMn.jpg

eKAIha0.jpg

SLp9KVZ.jpg

d2CTkBr.jpg

Not bad:

UJp1b88.jpg

• 2 months later...

Right the next thing I have started is taking the spare engine out and started stripping it down. I have had the head on the work bench for the last few months porting and polishing and going rebuild this and swap the head over. I have also been collecting parts for the exhaust manifold which is on the to do list next. The head was a pain to get off managed to round a few of the bolts unfortunately anyway heres where I'm at now.

c1UTqE0.jpg

RfLlFIw.jpg

wwWnpgp.jpg

QwHNbg1.jpg

6v7vLQw.jpg

And here's what 25+ hours of work  and having no social life for a few months will get you. It's not perfect but I am happy with the way it is.

BG2sPM6.jpg

qsiZ9Er.jpg

p31mRB6.jpg

K98si5Y.jpg

m732zfT.jpg

4BQINf2.jpg

cOZnrtB.jpgZje6iii.jpgLh8bEzR.jpg

I also port matched the exhaust to the inside of the runner tubes

b7FeAlO.jpg5oy1i5b.jpg

ozEh01r.jpg

I also done the chambers and smoothed out the step under the valve seats.

QKiO2r2.jpg

XYgjZGh.jpg7ygYNXU.jpghznhdut.jpgfXBtf1i.jpg

geClSgo.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • JDM_MARK changed the title to Marks sr back again + *4-2-1*

Hi guys haven't been on here in a while, the starlet is still going strong but been so busy with other cars. Speaking of which my most recent buy is another starlet which is having a very unique engine swap which hasnt been done yet. Will have a blog eventually.

As for the sr in this time it has had abit of work, mainly engine as it was burning too much oil so I fully rebuilt a spare engine with the addition of :

Skimmed head, fully ported and polished, lightened flywheel, full rotating assembly balance ie crank, pistons, conrods, flywheel, clutch, front pulley.

Apart from this I've put some recaro seats and built a full stainless exhaust system including header which was all made by myself. Once the car was back on the road I was very impressed with the work I did as the car pulled alot nicer not too mention it makes the engine bay look 10x better with the golden runners. after making the first manifold tho I made a couple more designs with the materials I had left over see which one I prefered. Next thing is too get the management wired in properly once i get abit of time.

20210801_183918.jpg

20210801_184115.jpg

20210801_183957.jpg

20210801_184021.jpg

20210515_171509.jpg

20210711_173411.jpg

20210504_193620.jpg

Edited by JDM_MARK

Nice work do you know about the higher lift 4efte turbo inlet cam. 

I've not been threw your build, yet, you might be running 5ehfe cams or bigger but if not it's true the 4efte has a much better inlet cam it's also run on the UK 5efe paseo engine. 

Good to see your running the power gen 1 inlet, how to you compare this to the itb setup you had & also what size itbs did you use. 

15 hours ago, Sam44 said:

Nice work do you know about the higher lift 4efte turbo inlet cam. 

I've not been threw your build, yet, you might be running 5ehfe cams or bigger but if not it's true the 4efte has a much better inlet cam it's also run on the UK 5efe paseo engine. 

Good to see your running the power gen 1 inlet, how to you compare this to the itb setup you had & also what size itbs did you use. 

Just a quick one sam the 4e,5e and 4efte cams are all the same. Only the 5efhe intake cam has a 1mm higher lift. 

cam specs.png

There not. I've measured them my self the 4efte and 5efe are the same but the UK ep91 has a different intake cam around 1mm lower lift on the 4efte and 5efe. I'm yet to measure the gen1 4efe out of the ae101 and ep80. 

Trust me it's true anuff. Measure them, don't just read specs and believe them. 

Time to embrace the truth.

There are quite a few specs on that sheet that is incorrect. 

From power out, to injector size to cam profile. 

Edited by Sam44
On 8/9/2021 at 10:50 AM, Sam44 said:

There not. I've measured them my self the 4efte and 5efe are the same but the UK ep91 has a different intake cam around 1mm lower lift on the 4efte and 5efe. I'm yet to measure the gen1 4efe out of the ae101 and ep80. 

Trust me it's true anuff. Measure them, don't just read specs and believe them. 

Time to embrace the truth.

There are quite a few specs on that sheet that is incorrect. 

From power out, to injector size to cam profile. 

Hi sam yea I have a pair of 4efte camshafts in the garage I got for cheap and yes their is a difference in lift, just abit less than 1mm I measured. So they will be going in soon hopefully as I think theres a small leak from camshaft seal.