ct9 turbo on a standard 5efe

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?59889-5efte-ct9-power-figures

i was trying to remember this guy's name over the weekend....finx....he did very well with a ct9/5e in the older and lighter style starlet (ep70 series) doing drag racing

sometimes it takes the old brain a bit to remember starlet stuff from the 1990s till now....lol....so many names, so much stuff

Edited by gorganl2000

any thoughts on the topic? they would be appreciated always nice to have multiple views and experiences for future reference

Ct9 tails off on a 4e at the best of times because the arse end is restrictive as fuck on gasses and heat.

Thats why on a 4e you need to use the water lines on ct9 but not td04 because its back end is big enough to disperse gas and heat simultaniously.

Its all good and well saying it worked in japan lol but you dont know what they spent and done. They could have had the turbine ported and replaced with a larger wheel. If you did this id imagine you would get some great results from a ct9 hybrid. Its just not economically viable for the general public to do this. Hence why for a 5e i wouldnt look at anythin smaller than a tf035.

thanks for your input studoc 72

i remember before i did my 5efte ct9 build, i did my research and did some messaging with various starlet members on the prominent sites...just trying to cover my bases, minimize costs and be ready for any pitfalls/surprises

it was pretty much agreed that the ct9 or "small restrictive" turbos were not for the 5e and all was well explained with evidence to support it by some of those same members who had done it themselves.

being relatively new to the possibility of the "5efte"...i thought "its only 166cc more than the 4efte, how much more different could it really be...would it even be noticeable.....maybe its all placebo!!??"....that's when i took a drive in my friends ep82 with a 5efte ct9 at the time....answer "boy, was it noticeable"...even though we both knew it was somewhat mid/top end limited, the feeling of torque at low rpm was immense.....after that drive, i knew a 5efte was a MUST for me, but with a better turbo to complement it

ya as finx says in there bhp drops of then the engine forces the turbo to go higher as its ment to not good for the turbo HEAT HEAT

i recall the first time we turned up the ct9 to 14psi on the 5e...it made an ungodly high pitch whistle,,, seems it was a cry for mercy maybe lol

just re read the whole thread seems i never answered the ...TS max boosts on the 5efe depends wa year engine it is

skinny rod version around 10psi

and the 1 with the fat rods ( you cant break them ) as much as the pistons will take 1 bar is safe depends how fast them ringlands are going to crack