Average mileage on a stock glanza V

Hello guys,

I have recently imported a glanza V stock, but i am a bit concerned about the fuel consumption. i am getting 288 to 300 km on one full tank. i was just wondering if you guys are getting the same millage and if not what can be the cause of high fuel consumption?

Thank you Guys.

Needs a new thermostat thats prob why its fuel consumption is so high.

It probably is never reaching temp and there for is constantly over fuelling.

Id advise you to change it asap before a simple thermostat causes more long term damage.

Okay, will do that asap, does your temperature gauge goes halfway and stays there? and also how many km do you get with a full tank on a stock glanza v (only mod is k&n universal air filter and HKS Bov)?

Thanks Guys :thumbsup:

Okay, will do that asap, does your temperature gauge goes halfway and stays there? and also how many km do you get with a full tank on a stock glanza v (only mod is k&n universal air filter and HKS Bov)?

Thanks Guys :thumbsup:

I dont know how much mileage I got on mine when it was standard. but would be more than 200 miles then again it depends on driving conditions if your on the motorway youd expect far more.

Yes it should go half way and stay there. Nothing to do with cold weather.

I do mostly city driving (you know how London is like lol). longer drive will be on a dual carriageway (A406, A12, A13) that's it. so 300 km will be 186 miles, that crap compared to what you are saying. do you guys think the thermostat is the only culprit?? Ive just ordered one from ICP, fingers crossed i get it before weekend

:)

Could always check for ecu codes. See if anything else is flagged up. Can be done on your drive in 5 mins.

A good service and check of all the simple things wont go a miss. Timing, compression check etc will let you know if anything else is wrong.

The o2 sensor could cause over fueling which is something id consider replacing. The other thing that may cause it is the ecu coolant temp sensor, but usually this shows other more noticable symptoms first so wouldnt worry about that.

Could always check for ecu codes. See if anything else is flagged up. Can be done on your drive in 5 mins.

A good service and check of all the simple things wont go a miss. Timing, compression check etc will let you know if anything else is wrong.

The o2 sensor could cause over fueling which is something id consider replacing. The other thing that may cause it is the ecu coolant temp sensor, but usually this shows other more noticable symptoms first so wouldnt worry about that.

how do i check the ecu codes?

Stolen this from tgtt.com

you are looking for the diagnostics socket, on a normal ep82 it sits on the rear right of the engine bay and has a plastic cap over it. Black box near nearside strut tower on ep91s i believe.

to put the ecu into diag mode with the car off, first using a paper clip or similar you have to bridge out the TE1 and T1 connections.

then turn the ignition on,don't start the engine. if there is a fault the ecu light flashes a number of times that will correspond to a fault code listed above

eg

3 flashes, pause, 1 flash would indicate a code 31.

If its a steady repeating flash its fine.

Either pop on here of google 4efte ecu codes and you'll get a list of them

I do mostly city driving (you know how London is like lol). longer drive will be on a dual carriageway (A406, A12, A13) that's it. so 300 km will be 186 miles, that crap compared to what you are saying. do you guys think the thermostat is the only culprit?? Ive just ordered one from ICP, fingers crossed i get it before weekend

:)

I can vouch for the traffic in London haha. I used to get around 300 in mine with mixed driving.

hi guys,

Got the thermostat today gonna change it soon but guess what i think i found something interesting that might be causing the problem. i found a leak on the vacuum pipe on the fuel pressure regulator. what do you think guys will this cause more fuel consumption?

Thanks

hi guys,

Got the thermostat today gonna change it soon but guess what i think i found something interesting that might be causing the problem. i found a leak on the vacuum pipe on the fuel pressure regulator. what do you think guys will this cause more fuel consumption?

Thanks

na less as the fpr would see less boost so flows back more feul to the tank more pressure closes the fpr more , hence more feul tru injectors

so a crack in fpr feed pipe will lessen the amount needed going more eco ha ha

Just an update guys the old thermostat was stuck open it was like bend. replaced it and temperature gauge goes halfway and stays there now. dont know about the fuel consumption yet . will let you know after using a full tank.

:thumbsup: