can anyone tell what this is arrowed in the pic.

basically i took the dump valve off my car today as it was annoying me.lol

the hose coming from the cooler pipe i connected to the lil black box.

but it feels like my boost is not as sharp as it was and the waste gate chatter has basically gone.can i just block the hose off from the cooler pipe and leave the pipe from the lil back box open or will it suck dirt in2 the air feed? also changed air filter and position,stole from my bro charade gtti.lol

enginearrowd.jpg

k thanks mate.would the boost be different if the hose was just blocked off and the bov pipe left open then.just it seemed to boost better like that.also the bov pipe was left open when dumpvalve was on there.

i was told it was wastegate chatter by a mate but thanks for the help fella apprciated.

im learning. :lol:

wastegate chatter lol - you get the "noise" when you block vacume pipes and so that would be connected to your dumpvalve to expell the pressure. but because you blocked both pipes.. the pressure has nowhere else but back the way.. and the air gets out the prop shaft and as it passes the props the air is chopped up and gives you the lovely sound that of a pigeon!

dont worry it doesnt cause any damage to the turbo... only thing thing it can do is cause turbo stall.. but you would only get that in high powerd cars!