Help Turbo Strange Noise?

Hi recently bought starlet ep82 been running fine but noise startet i think its coming from the turbo as only occurs when boosting....

high pitched squeak/flutter kind of noise .. still boosting fine and dont think any loss of power but do not want to push it and cause more damage.

been told to check for excess play and leaks have not had a chance to do this yet any info/advice really would help. thanks.

Hi recently bought starlet ep82 been running fine but noise startet i think its coming from the turbo as only occurs when boosting....

high pitched squeak/flutter kind of noise .. still boosting fine and dont think any loss of power but do not want to push it and cause more damage.

been told to check for excess play and leaks have not had a chance to do this yet any info/advice really would help. thanks.

check for slight leaks in the boost pipe, i know it sounds daft but the smallest hole can cause a noise, but other than that the bronze bush bearings in the stock turbos do fault regularly due to heat, that whould cause excessive noise

check the EFI pipe hasnt come off on the turbo

its bloody bloody hard to get the fucker on once it comes off but they can slip they do come off quite easily if you pull on them that could be causing the leak lol

• 3 weeks later...