Motec Mapping

130/140bhp at a guess they wont make much till you atleast get stage 1 mods on... why are you going to the effort and expense of getting a motec system mapped on a stock v? thats pretty usless to be honest

also power depends what boost you run... but if your stock apart from an exhaust i wouldnt exceed 0.8bar due to the crappy restrictive manifold, anymore boost and you will be putting alot of pressure/heat into cylinder three and end up with a fucked piston/rod.

130/140bhp at a guess they wont make much till you atleast get stage 1 mods on... why are you going to the effort and expense of getting a motec system mapped on a stock v? thats pretty usless to be honest

also power depends what boost you run... but if your stock apart from an exhaust i wouldnt exceed 0.8bar due to the crappy restrictive manifold, anymore boost and you will be putting alot of pressure/heat into cylinder three and end up with a fucked piston/rod.

im going to the effort because at the minute the motec is all i can afford with paying for it all to be put in to a yaris, these cars run 133bhp from standard, and ive seen them with only the breathing system modified doing170bhp, i might be wrong???

I havent done it, but from reading tonnes n tonnes of threads on here.. for 170 i reckon your looking atleast

Decent filter, maybe even relocated to the front

Intercooler

Mani > Decat > cat back

Adjustable actuator to turn up the boost

maybe a few little extras

im going to the effort because at the minute the motec is all i can afford with paying for it all to be put in to a yaris, these cars run 133bhp from standard, and ive seen them with only the breathing system modified doing170bhp, i might be wrong???

they ran 133 from standard 12years ago buddy, the likelyness of them running that now is very low...

people have managed 170yes but usualy have a mani, decat aswell as basic breathing. and if they didnt have an uprated mani there cars are no longer running 170 as they blew there engine running to much boost.

you could proberly get 150/160bhp out with the motec around 1bar but i can garantee your engine wont last more then 6months.

i'm just warning you mate, as it sounds like you have put alot of money into the conversion. by all means get it all mapped up but just run it low around stock 0.7/0.8 untill you can get a mani, decat, fmic, front located filter... then you can wack the boost up and happy days :wub:

cheers guys, just some people obviously dont know what theyre on about, thanks for putting me straight

Asfar as manis go do you recomend a manufacture?

The front mounts going to be difficult on the yaris as the rad has to be moved and a renault 5 gt custom intercooler has to be installed at a wacking cost

and do you know of a ball bearing turbo that does create the massive lag im hearing about?

mani wise i would talk to ricky@racetech on here. he can fab up pretty much anything! dave at tm developments does some neat stuff but unfortunatly with engine transplants espicialy in a yaris space is tight! so custom might be your only way forward.

dont forge do a front mount for the vitz? surely that could be made to fit the 4efte?

turbo wise if it were me i would either just stick with the ct9 or upgrade to a hybrid... the yaris is soo light you dont need much power. Enzo (tong turbo) on here has just developed a new hybrid which should see 250hp. that in a yaris would be insane! a normal hybrid is quite capable of 200hp which still would be pretty insane in a yaris.