I've got a 5E and planning a big build with sumo power towards the begining of next year and im saving for bits now, I've got a TD05 at the moment but I've been offered 300 for it, would it be worth selling this and getting a VF series??? same manifold quiker spool times. If so what VF series?? im looking to be hitting the 350bhp mark. Thanks

VF32 is what im going to be planning on getting.

ok awsome, what power do u rekon u will get from that?? same sort of figures as a TD05? just alot less laggier??

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....item&id=196

but i will be running this on forged 4e. not 5e If i'm lucky i might get this on my stock engine at low boost while i build a forged engine.

I think im gonna go with that mate looks very promising! I bought the TD05 a while back wen i didnt have much of a clue about starlets as i hadnt had it long! My hybrids on the way out and smoking im tempd to also fit it at low boost until i can afford forged internals, i need to get an ECU to because i got a JAM one atm, got injectors and boost controller too just need manifold then :-)

Personally if your going for a big 5E build i would head towards the VF34 or VF35 which utilises the ball bearing design. the VF35 has the smaller p15 exhaust housing so will be better on the spool front but will still be good for 350bhp.

perhaps even look at twin scroll options? it likely you will be having a custom exhaust made up anyway so having a twin scroll turbo and exhaust set up would have huge advantages in the spool and turbo pick up department, especially as you will only have 1500cc on your side haha.

another option while looking at IHI turbo's is Garret. GT28 for awesome spool but less lower GT30-35 for big power but more lag.

GT28 with .64exhaust housing good for 340 with mega good spool:

http://www.tm-developments.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=1208

bad boy GT30 with bigger exhaust housing, slower spool but 400bhp capabilities:

http://www.tm-developments.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=1209

I'm pretty sure Dave also does a hybrid ball bearing TD05 that might be worth a look

Personally if your going for a big 5E build i would head towards the VF34 or VF35 which utilises the ball bearing design. the VF35 has the smaller p15 exhaust housing so will be better on the spool front but will still be good for 350bhp.

perhaps even look at twin scroll options? it likely you will be having a custom exhaust made up anyway so having a twin scroll turbo and exhaust set up would have huge advantages in the spool and turbo pick up department, especially as you will only have 1500cc on your side haha.

another option while looking at IHI turbo's is Garret. GT28 for awesome spool but less lower GT30-35 for big power but more lag.

GT28 with .64exhaust housing good for 340 with mega good spool:

http://www.tm-developments.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=1208

bad boy GT30 with bigger exhaust housing, slower spool but 400bhp capabilities:

http://www.tm-developments.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=1209

I'm pretty sure Dave also does a hybrid ball bearing TD05 that might be worth a look

GT series money costs far too much!! I've already got a 4000 bill to pay just on engine parts lol im planning on geting a good second hand VF series and a decent TD series manifold which i can easily get hold of easily and then booosh :-) shouldnt cost as much then, on the otherhand i could just sent my TD05 off to be ball bearing up :/ aargghh !!

What size Size TD05 is it? 18G, 20G. is it a Mitsubishi/Subaru TD05 or from another model.

Its from a scooby mate, either an 18 or a 20G it is pretty big. Speekin to my friend last night i think im going to stick with this turbo and send it off to owen developments to have a roller bearing fitted, i want the internals uprated anyway so that i can run launch control and anti-lag

Biggest stock Td05 Subaru's ran was the 16G on the old classic shapes. anything bigger and it will be after market. I ran a TD05 18G on my 05 STI, it was good :)

Good move getting it RB'd. I would also look to get a billet chop wheel as there stronger and alot lighter so spool will be slightly increased. make sure the anti-lag is switchable... no matter how tough the turbo that's a sure fire way to kill them. I had it on my Subaru and still blew the seals on my TD05 with billet comp wheels :p.

Biggest stock Td05 Subaru's ran was the 16G on the old classic shapes. anything bigger and it will be after market. I ran a TD05 18G on my 05 STI, it was good :)

Good move getting it RB'd. I would also look to get a billet chop wheel as there stronger and alot lighter so spool will be slightly increased. make sure the anti-lag is switchable... no matter how tough the turbo that's a sure fire way to kill them. I had it on my Subaru and still blew the seals on my TD05 with billet comp wheels :p .

Just spoke to owen developments and they cant fit roller bearings to second hand turbos :-( this is all going pear shaped lol i said what about a VF34 for my build and he said they cannot strengthen it and it is quite mild he did mention seeing a VF36 which has been run with antilag tho. Might just get a VF34 aslong as i have a switch on the dash and i dont overuse it i should be ok..... for a while anyway..... Im not sure what size the VF36 is im guessing its gonna b way to big

i'd use a VF35 over a VF34... it has a smaller exhaust housing and would be much better suited to the smaller cc engine. alot of stock 05 STI's run launch control and a very mild switchable AL on there stock VF35's. get on scoobynet and you can pick one up fairly cheap... think i sold my very good condition one for £300 or there abouts.

sell the TD05 and you can make your money back

i'd use a VF35 over a VF34... it has a smaller exhaust housing and would be much better suited to the smaller cc engine. alot of stock 05 STI's run launch control and a very mild switchable AL on there stock VF35's. get on scoobynet and you can pick one up fairly cheap... think i sold my very good condition one for £300 or there abouts.

sell the TD05 and you can make your money back

ok mate awsomwe il look into the VF34 then, do u no the main differences between VF32 and VF34? have u seen the link raz posted further up the page? what do u think of that turbo? think itl be more laggier as it has a bigger exhaust housing.