Front speaker mounting in original position.

I have a set of 10cm Pioneers which want to put in the original positions. These came out of my old Audi's dash so 2 of the lugs are conveniently already cut away..! The original speaker's cone sits quite far away from the grill which it mounts to and the posts which you screw the speakers into are too high for the Pioneers. Seeing as this is not a straight swap, how have other people got around this problem?

I've thought about cutting the posts down but worried the tweeter will touch the grill, so I've also thought about gluing some blocks in with Araldite then screwing into them . Also, is there any adapter I can buy so I don't need to chop the original wires?

I'm determined to use the original positions as I don't want to make speaker pods in the doors etc!!

Nice one, cheers lads, I'll take a fresh look at them. Does the chassis/frame of the speaker need to be in contact with the speaker cover or will being held up by just the lugs be sufficient - was wondering this and whether they'll buzz and make unwanted noises!

My originals have a cardboard cone with foam on the end which meets the speaker cover. I might cut this out of the originals and glue them into the Pioneers if they don't work out, however, I like your idea of hot glue gunning the speaker in as it will bring it really close to the grill - I can always pick this off if I ever remove the speakers.