I read a post earlier and someone had the same problem off an engine management light coming on and the replies said about fuel cut.

I have a piggy back ecu to go on but I want to wait until I have everything on my car to get it mapped first so should i just get a fuel cut defender till I can get it mapped? Or should I just wait and get it mapped in a few months? what's everyone's opinions

Cheers guys :)

i wouldn't bother with a fcd if you're planning on putting the piggy back on and getting it mapped. just drive it accordingly, ie don't let it boost up enough to hit fuel cut. mine is terrible for it but i just keep an eye on the boost gauge. unless you know the fueling is right at the higher boost levels i wouldn't recommend a fcd anyways, it might go bang before you even have chance to get it mapped.

Ah okay, I see what you mean. I just didn't know if it would be a good precautionary till I get it mapped.

Would anything like a better fuel pump or anything help? I'm useless at this type of thing :)

Thank you :)

best thing you could do imo would be to buy an aem wideband, gives you an exact air/fuel ratio, and get a fuel pressure regulator. even after a map i would have a wideband on the car all the time tbh incase it gradually starts running lean due to deterioration of parts like injectors etc. one of the main killer of engines when upping boost is that above factory boost levels they will most likely run lean because the combination of the standard fuel pressure regulator and fuel pump aren't able to keep up with the fuel requirement. if you just bang a fcd on it it will run lean every time you go over factory boost and the engine will give up pretty quickly. increase the fuel pressure by adjusting the fpr gradually use the wideband to check the mixture. running up to 1 bar the fuel pump and injectors should be ok i think.

best thing you could do imo would be to buy an aem wideband, gives you an exact air/fuel ratio, and get a fuel pressure regulator. even after a map i would have a wideband on the car all the time tbh incase it gradually starts running lean due to deterioration of parts like injectors etc. one of the main killer of engines when upping boost is that above factory boost levels they will most likely run lean because the combination of the standard fuel pressure regulator and fuel pump aren't able to keep up with the fuel requirement. if you just bang a fcd on it it will run lean every time you go over factory boost and the engine will give up pretty quickly. increase the fuel pressure by adjusting the fpr gradually use the wideband to check the mixture. running up to 1 bar the fuel pump and injectors should be ok i think.

Ah, I see okay :). I will get a few fuel new fueling things as I want them before I get it mapped anyway :). I won't bother with a fuel cut defender like you said I will just keep an eye on everything! Thanks for all your advice and help :D

I reckon you read my posts. I am changing gear and trying not to boost much. Ie changing before 4k, 2nd light on the rev counter. Looking to get a ecu asap funds allowing. Looked in to a fuel cut but seems to be a quick fix so gonna save a bit more and go down the ecu route

Yeah it was your posts I read as it helped me figure out what that annoying light was popping up for :) I think I'll take your approach till I get it mapped as well. Just don't want to go blowing anything up :/. Cheers :)