Water cooled intercooler

I was wondering if these would be any benefit to a ep atall as it could keep intake temps lower and raise the air density. It just poped into my head while looking over old college notes. I'd think it might help the higher powered cars that are running more than 250bhp. Any one tried it or have a opinion?

If you ran the chargecooler pipes to a seperate radiator in the front of the car it could work. I looked into this on my old almera build. Not a lot of pipework and a good efficient cooler would work well. Problem is though you will be running a second waterpump (electric) and plenty of extra pipework for coolant and air. More components to go wrong and quite expensive.

A large FMIC can do the same as an chargecooler. Both coolers can go under outside temp. But its a lot easy with a chargecooler. But we are talking 2-3 hp more on a 250-300 setup.

Ive only bought a chargecooler set, because i don't want a large IC on display at the front. And for trying it.

Chargecoolers are used in dragracing and FMIC are mostly used in circuit racing, or rally.