External wastegate questions

I'm now looking for a external wastegate for my hybrid set up, I understand I need a 38mm flange but am unsure on the spring I need, I boost at .7 BAR and I don't know if I can get a spring slightly higher or lower BAR rating that what I need,

Anyone enlighten me?

Cheers

You can't boost below spring pressure so you maybe want 0.5 spring or something then you can adjust it higher with your ebc or bleed valve however you see fit.

Also if you need a 38mm flange I have one.

Edited by steve-gers

You can't boost below spring pressure so you maybe want 0.5 spring or something then you can adjust it higher with your ebc or bleed valve however you see fit.

Also if you need a 38mm flange I have one.

What one have you got mate?

So if I get a 0.5 spring I can still boost to 0.7?

I have a 0.5 bar spring and boost 0.85 low boost on TD04 and 1-1.1 bar high boost and it holds perfectly. I just use a cheapo demon motorsports external gate. Don't see the point spending loads on one when mine cost £80 brand new and works fine.

Edited by steve-gers

Another note to add is that a 0.5 bar spring, won't be sufficient enough to hold say 1.5 bar boost. So if boost pressure is going to increase, change to a stiffer spring as it will maintain a constant pressure.