external wastegate info please

is it possible to mod my existing ss td04 mani and downpipe to run an external wastegate and screamer,I work with some very fine ss welders so I am thinking these boys will be well able to do it,any info appreciated lads

If they are good welders then they can most defenately do it. It's all down to whether you trust them cutting a hole in your mani to weld in a pipe to bolt the waste gate to.

It could also compromise the strength of the mani.

I'd trust them 100%,we make high end stainless steel vesels for pharmaceuticals company all over the world,each weld gets xrayd so there is no impurefections,then its up to me to polish all up to a high mirror finish so I think they would be up for it,could strengthen it to for me,any good close up pics of external wastegate and screamers on here I could have a look at to get an idea

With external screamer pipes they are just basically a bit of tube with a flange that will bolt onto the exit side of the wastegate. to take the fumes down and under the car away from the engine bay.

The complicated bit will be where to cut the mani and weld in the pipe that will go to the wastegate and getting a flange for the wastegate.

well my mani has like a band going around all runners where they meet the td04 flange so in my eyes from looking pics this would be the spot,what would the best gains be from doing this all people ever talk about is the noise they make