Right my starlet ep82 has a uprated fuel pump an reg, a decat manifold screamer pipe, exhaust system and it rrolld 168bhp I have installed a boost controller an a fuel cut defender every time I put the boost to 1 bar it wont hold a bar it . rises to 1.5 bar or more it's been to a.jap sspeciaist tuning company where I live I have a mate that works their an they thought it was the map senosr I replaced that an it is still doing it its due back their saturday but has anyone had the same problem do I need my wastegate porting? Thanks

if the boost is increasing to 1.5 bar either the boost controller isnt set up correctly, the actuator arm on the turbo is sticking or if your using a uprated actuator the base setting (length of the arm) is too short holding the wastegate increasing the pressure.

to rule out boost controller take the vacuum pipe from the turbo directly to the actuator, this should run it at its base setting (for uprated one hks ext).

on my old Gt i suffered from boost creep but it didnt shoot up that high and i found as i ran higher boost the creep wasnt so bad lol

does it hit a bar hold for a few hundred RPM and then steadily increase ?