Damaged my pistons: Where can I find stock pistons?

Hey guys,

So we burnt down possibly one or more pistons Saturday (we haven't checked which ones yet) after testing to see why the car (EP82) boost cuts. There's oil spillage on the breather and smoke coming from the exhaust.

How the pistons got burnt down

The car is boost cutting. Boost would cut at around 6500-7000 RPM. We thought (and still think) the fuel pump may be the problem. So we changed the fuel pump that came with the car when I bought with a pump for a Corolla. The theory is that Corolla and Starlet pumps require the same pressure. The old fuel pump had stopped working. It is not an original Starlet pump and it just made the a bit sluggish. So we installed the Corolla fuel pump and took the car for a test.

We moved around the wastegate and the car ran well with a little boost cut around 6500 RPMs in 2nd gear, but the first pulled better that it was doing before. The fuel pump was giving more fuel. So o our last run, we flew some revs and the car tires squealed and the second boost cut. We drove the car home and only after we parked it did we realize that we had burnt down the pistons. Now I'm trying to see if I can find some stock pistons. 

Questions

• Where can I find some stock pistons and rings? If I can get some new pistons -- or possibly used pistons if they are safe to reuse -- I'd really appreciate it. I would like to get the car running as soon as possible.
  • What's the cost? 
  • Can I get some on this forum, or an online store somewhere?

Thanks!

Edited by eurekasfray
to add clarity and structure