97 Starlet Glanza Problems when hot

Hiya guys, apologies as this is fairly similar to my previous post as i still haven't found the problem with my car lol.

Basically when i start the car from cold it has as high tick over of 2000rpm then the warmer the car gets the revs will drop every now and again. then when it gets to running temperature it starts hunting. Someone on here told me to take off the idle control valve and give it a clean, which i done yesterday and it helped it slightly. the car was at a more stable idle for longer and then the revs would drop again, then be idling fine and then drop. i thought i would take the car round the block to give to give it a slight test drive to see how the performance was, i got about a half mile down the road and it just died, so i pulled over and tried to start it again and it was clicking like the battery was dead. once i let it cool down for a couple of hours i come back to the car, jump started it and the exhaust was blowing, which was odd because when i was driving it when it broke down it wasn't blowing. i turned the car around to drive it home and i had no throttle and the revs were hunting again but to the point where it nearly cut out and it sounded like it was misfiring. once of my mates said he reckons it could be the coil pack and ht leads playing up. i had a look at the king lead and the end that plugs into the coil is a bit damaged but it still makes contact with the coil. what do you guys think it could be, the way he described the coil problems seems like it could be that