how to unmount knobs for windows

Hi I have allways hated mounting and unmounting interiour details but this is ridicilous i need to get my door pods off to fix some damage caused by thiefs but can't because i cant get the knob that controls the window off (that knob you turn to lift or drop the windows in an EP91 without electic windows)

How do i get it off without damaging it ?

You mean the winders? Do window up, Get a rag and slide it between the winder and door card. There is a little clip in there that you need to snag on the rag. Watch out though, when it comes off it will go flying off into unreachable places. Or go halfrauds and get the window winder thingymajig... :p

Thanks for the replies!... I must admit i found the solution on my own, but it took longer than you could imagin :) and the process didn't excactly help on my bad temper (I spendt 3-4 hours yesterday in a cold driveway fixing damages on the doors, roof and body caused by thiefes) next up is a date with the local toyota garage to get a new door lock in the drivers side