Can anyone help

I have a 1997 toyota starlet 1.3 sportif, ive had it for 7 years its done 135,000 mls and has never let me down, but suddenly it has started jerking, as tho it misfires, the engine light comes on briefly and the engine jerks but before you have time to do anything it carries on as normal. I have had a new distributor cap and rotar arm + new plugs, we cleaned all the electrical points and it went okay for a week, but has started doing it again, any ideas on what we can do next?

She :)

By the sounds of it, it could be either your lamba sensor, or if the starlets have them your air intake temperature sensor. My dads megane had this problem and it needed 2 lamba sensors which cured it for a bit but then it done it again, so we put the diagnostic machine back on and it showed up that air intake sensor, replaced that and it has been ok since.

Thanks for your help folkes i will check this out. Yu don't know whereabouts this guide is on the site do you? its too old to go on the diagnostic machine.

Thanks for your help folkes i will check this out. Yu don't know whereabouts this guide is on the site do you? its too old to go on the diagnostic machine.

It's not too old to go on the diagnostics machine, my first gt was a 95 model and my current one is a 94 model they both have diagnostic ports. I am sure that any car with an ecu has a diagnostics port. On my car as you look at the front of the car it is on the right hand side of the engine bay at the front. Might be in a different place on the ep91.

Yes we changed the plugs, rotar arm and distributor. We cleaned the electrical points and it was alright for a week but started doing it again. We have just done the diagnostic test, it flashed twice so we think it may be the MAP sensor (ive no idea what this means) but my brother does so hes going to check it out. Thanks for asking tho.

She