TURBO VACUME-WHERE TO RUN @ ?

hi guys and girls....

im back to pick more brains(after searching the site engine for related topics)

im un sure about vacume pressure and where to have it set?? Is it good to have more or less vacume??

my cars standard other than air filter and dump valve(that has a pressure dump screw on the side)

by adjusting the threaded screw on the side of the dump valve it changes the amount of pressure released i believe??

thanks.Ross

you cant set vac pressure. the engine creates vacuum when its running.

and the screw on the bov will stiffen the spring, ie, it will open up at higher pressure.

ah right,im unsure!!

so the engine decides on the amount of vac pressure needed when being driven...

when idle should it be high or a low amount of vac pressure normally?

thanks for your help rick

Im assuming youre on about boost gauge? sorry if thats a dumb question but im fubared from zee pub atm so excuse the dumb anser .

Vacum on boost gauges depend on engine and differerent gauges bro, mine sits at -30.

As long as its boosting fine, dont worry about it.

Does the needle sit dead still? if it bobs around on idle, like vacum keeps rising then falling, its due to a faulty sensor.No idea which one at this moment in time but tomorrow i would be able to answer you propely

Im assuming youre on about boost gauge? sorry if thats a dumb question but im fubared from zee pub atm so excuse the dumb anser .

Vacum on boost gauges depend on engine and differerent gauges bro, mine sits at -30.

As long as its boosting fine, dont worry about it.

Does the needle sit dead still? if it bobs around on idle, like vacum keeps rising then falling, its due to a faulty sensor.No idea which one at this moment in time but tomorrow i would be able to answer you propely

yeh bud the gauge i have goes from -8,-6,-4,-2,0....0.5(bar)....1.0(bar)...etc

when i floor it in high mode the gauge hits 0.5 bar and stays there solid untill i release the power,when idle it floats between 8 and 6 in the vacume range.

as i have a screw on the side of my bov i wanted to ensure my car was capable of releasing pressure correctly etc and me fiddling not causing it to blow up!!

-0.8 is perfect vac on idle mate. so dont worry about that.

the bov wont do any damage either. that spring is there to stiffen it up to stop leaking boost at higher pressures.

i run my car without a BOV, so dont worry about it mate. as long as you cant hear it hissing while on boost, its doing its job.