New, looking into EP91's

As title says, I'm a few months from finishing my final exams before Uni / Pilot training (fingers crossed). I've always been a car nut, loved JDM stuff and I've had a pretty reasonable qoute of £2k on a Glanza V with various mainstream insurers (admiral etc). I've seen a few cars on eBay, the plan would be to leave it relativley stock due to UK insurance prices, tidy it up and keep it running in good order and use it day to day as well as attending some of the local car meets (Surrey Car Meets). I'll also be doing my advanced driving course soon with IAM so another reason for me to finally get my own car. Any buying advice would be welcomed, thanks.

while going stock sounds like a good idea (it is most of the time) your going too end up modifying this in some way too get more power, so spending a little extra on one thats been looking after and modified with good parts instead of Chinese shite is probably the better options these days. there is a few buying guides online and plenty of guides on the forums, if anyone is local and can go with you too inspect the car from the forums thats always a plus, always get a compression test done before your buying one. Great cars that are fairly bullet proof if they are looked after correct 

57 minutes ago, keithfa26 said:

while going stock sounds like a good idea (it is most of the time) your going too end up modifying this in some way too get more power, so spending a little extra on one thats been looking after and modified with good parts instead of Chinese shite is probably the better options these days. there is a few buying guides online and plenty of guides on the forums, if anyone is local and can go with you too inspect the car from the forums thats always a plus, always get a compression test done before your buying one. Great cars that are fairly bullet proof if they are looked after correct 

The only issue with finding a modified one is the insurance premium with an 18 year old and a modified car. That's why I'd rather start stock. As for mileage, would you say there's a cap at where you shouldn't buy a car because of its mileage?

23 hours ago, gl01 said:

The only issue with finding a modified one is the insurance premium with an 18 year old and a modified car. That's why I'd rather start stock. As for mileage, would you say there's a cap at where you shouldn't buy a car because of its mileage?

i see.. try modified insurance compaines, adrian flux ect as they normally offer good prices on these. kinda hard too answer for mileage as you can get cars with 40k miles on them that are in shit state and others with 100K and running perfect, it all comes down too service history ect, if your willing too drive auto you can pick them up much cheaper with less miles. i picked my Auto up for around the 3K mark with only 42K miles and then add around another £600 too convert it too manual. Be patience when buying one and keep reading around the forums too better understand the engines ect