96 Glanza V - In for the build

Evening Guys and girls.

Thought i could start my build thread. Been registered a loooong time, always quietly listening in the corner absorbing. 

Allow me to introduce my 96 spec glanza. I bought this quite some time ago with a blown headgasket as a fixer upper. Built it back up and she ran a dream for about 9 months until the gasket i used failed (Not due to my neglect of rebuild, a friend had the same issue within the same timeframe with the same gasket). In the middle of all this i bought my first house, did lots of other stuff and the glanza took a spot on the back burner. 

My deadline was japfest, get it running MOTd and crack on enjoying it

I got all new quality parts over the next few months and finally having a garage to store it in, i took my time and reassembled nicely and cleaned lots and painted bits. Winner winner.

A few days leading up to japfest i noticed a very smokey breather. Uh oh, i ploughed on and enjoyed my day anyway taking it easy.

Now its back at home compression test reveals that cylinder 1 has lost most of its compression. So theres only one thing to do. Go full ham.

Ill try and keep this updated as i move forwards with things, but im also in no rush. 

Ill get together a spec list at some point but theres not alot to shout about right now.

IMG_20190502_220201.jpg

IMG_20190508_100053_638.jpg

IMG_20190508_101459_329.jpg