EP70 conversion issue

Hi folks, 

Apologies for the long winded thread but thought someone here might be able to help me. 

I have an EP70 starlet with 98 spec ep91 running gear but I can't get it to fire up and the negative battery terminal and the earth beside the righthand headlamp is getting hot. I'll give as much info as I can. 

I bought the conversion loom from a guy who had it made. Basically the original loom stays in place and does the alternator, starter etc and the new loom does the engine and ecu. It is a basic plug and play loom with positive and negative feed. 

There's 3 connectors to be wired from ecu connector 1 pin 3 (ignition feed from ignitor coil) and pin 24 (computer ground) . Ecu connector 3 pin 1 (switched battery power). 

On connector 1 I've pin 3 going to the ignition and pin 24 earthed behind the dash board and on connector 3 I've pin 1 going to the positive battery terminal. I'm assuming this is wrong? 

I've earth's going from d/s engine mount to shock turret,loom to icv bolt, loom to alternator, loom to starter and negative battery terminal to rightside body to gearbox mount 

At a bit of a lost cause now as I'd love to have this on road. Apologies for the long thread but any info would really be appreciated. 

Cheers 

Edited by Boxy4e