Hello guys,

I've come to this site because I own an R reg Starlet but I am looking to sell it.  I'm not a scammer or looking to rip someone off, I'd just rather see the car go to someone who wants it.

I inherited the car from my dear Aunt Floss! She used to use it to pop to town once in a while, and eventually she just stopped using it and it sat on her driveway doing nothing.  The red paint faded to mostly pink. My old Nissan died and she said take my car. She didn't want any money for it, so I treated her and my uncle to dinner as a way of saying thank you.

When I got it, it had 33k on the clock and right now it has 39k.  It had an M.O.T literally 2 days before covid lockdown in the UK and it sailed through.

I've recently T-Cut the paintwork and it came up much better than I'd hoped because its been T-Cut once already. 

Last week, I was driving to work and the breaks pretty much failed on me - the car does stop, but its pretty dangerous driving.  I took it to my man at the garage and he said it needs a master cylinder and ideally new pads and discs. 

The rear bumper has a dent in it and the boot does not shut nicely because of it. This was thanks to my Dad following me one day he actually slipped his foot of the break in his van, and banged into me! Up until then there was no damage to the body work. 

The drivers seat is fraying.  The tape cassette radio still works! The engine sounds sweet. It starts every time, the battery didn't once struggle even in the depths of winter. The gear box is smooth.. Essentially its still a great little car other than the breaks and the dent. The two front tyres are Hankooks. 

Yesterday I bought an automatic Ford focus because I need a car for work and my partner wants to learn to drive, but wants to learn in an auto. I've wanted an automatic for ages because I drive an auto van at work, and have just been converted to automatics! 

I only have two pics right now, which were on my phone, but will get some more on Sunday if someone is interested. The car is at my dads at the moment, and I was going to drive it back home Sunday evening when the roads are much quieter.  As I mentioned it is dangerous to drive right now and would really need to be towed if going any distance. 

Sorry for the long post! Let me know if you are interested - I don't want a lot of money for it and am open to offers. 

Cheers,

Paul

IMG-20200526-WA0000.jpg

20200629_124527.jpg