Springs help pleeeease.

Right, im in abit of a muddle..

My brother has an SR and hes car just feel so much more sporty, feels alot flatter going round corners than the standard gls ive just brought.

so i thought, oh il just get some SR springs.

But toyota wanted just over 200 for the SR springs that are only like 25mm lower than standard. also i heard the standard shocks on an SR are slightly diffrent to the standard shocks on my gls? is this true?

Ive also found that i could buy just springs after market for around 100-150 but there droped by 40mm, which would mean i need to change the shocks? yes?

so to change the shocks and springs would cost around 350.

So do i get SR springs for 200 and chance the shocks or buy whole new springs and shocks for 350?

:p

thanks for any help in advance.

The TTE ones that lower it 25mm are nice but not amazing. The Tein ones are highly rated with the koni shocks. I have Tein springs on standard shocks and they are mint. i can't imaging how good the will be on konis. Save up for them and you will not be disappointed my friend.

Bourkey

hey danny, my advice would be to get the chassis sorted out first,

fitting a rear anti roll bar and anti lift kit first will give a greater effect of cornering flatter whilst also giving alot of front end grip, the bonus of this is the ride is not compromised and your corner speeds will rise as a result

these to mods retail for £150

after that then id worry about lowering springs and shox,

standard shox have a knack for bursting if used in conjunction with realy low or hard springs

hey danny, my advice would be to get the chassis sorted out first,

fitting a rear anti roll bar and anti lift kit first will give a greater effect of cornering flatter whilst also giving alot of front end grip, the bonus of this is the ride is not compromised and your corner speeds will rise as a result

these to mods retail for £150

I understand about the strut braces but what are these and what they for exactly?

:)