*Help Needed* How Long Will It Take To Fit ........

As The Title Says, I'm Not Big On Mechanics So How Long Do You Lot Think It Will It Take To Fit A Stainless Steel Manifold And De-Cat And How Easy Is It ? Also What Parts Of The Car (Engine Bay) Do I Have To Take Out To Do It,

Cheerz Brad.

Guest Enzo

hey buddy, last time it took me four and a half hours to do it, i did it once before that and have been witness to doing it a few times also, if you have never done it before id recomend you have someone mechanicaly compitent with you,

if you insist on doing it yourself allow yourself double the time and be prepaired for any bolts to snap around the manifold, as you need to have a feal for how brittle they are.

remember and take your time also and have the right tools, swan neck spanners are good for the manifold bolts.

it would be agood idea to junk your ac system also for easier axcess, to do that you will need a na powerstearing belt.,

in getting rid of the ac your shaving 20 od kgs. and make changing the oilfilter a breeze

once you have created enough space its quite a mythodical process, removing the airfilter inlet, top mount intercooler and asembly, raidiator, front bumpe to create space.

a wee bolt box labeled and some labels is a good idea to keep everthing in check as you strip the setup

the oilpipe of the turbo is very brittle also, whatch you dont snap it otherwise your car will be strandid until you get a new pipe.

also make sure the pipe goin from the turbo to the actuater is on properly otherwise you could cause the turbo to overboost and cause damage to the engine.

it would be a good idea to take your manifold/turbo/cat pipe off in one section.

and remember when hooking everything up to reprime the turbo by getting oilpressure back up. you can do this one of two ways

eather removing the king lead, or efi switch and turning the car over until the oilpresure light goes off.( or 30 seconds)

also it would be a good idea to get a new manifold, turbo and decat gaskets from sheeky in our toyota parts department.

and when doint the bolts up do them up evenly, last thing you want to be doing is spending the same time again having to strip everything to do up a loose bolt, its not fun at all.

ive just brainfarted on the page there hopefully that helps a wee bit.

what manifold have you got?