Old Skool Starlet drifter

Hello all

I am completely new to starlets, but am looking to start a drifter project using and old '78 starlet... ;)

Does anybody know any good sites/forums/examples of this?

I remember seeing one on ebay a while back with a Rover V8 in it, which looked insane! But i was thinking of trying to put a starlet turbo lump in but have no idea if it will fit or how brain destroyingly difficult it will be...

Thanks for any help people can provide

bye!

Hello all

I am completely new to starlets, but am looking to start a drifter project using and old '78 starlet... ;)

Does anybody know any good sites/forums/examples of this?

I remember seeing one on ebay a while back with a Rover V8 in it, which looked insane! But i was thinking of trying to put a starlet turbo lump in but have no idea if it will fit or how brain destroyingly difficult it will be...

Thanks for any help people can provide

bye!

hey man welcome to the site

u can fit almost anything into a starlet if u have the money.......

im not into the whole drifting in a big way but i think this site looks promising

http://www.driftworks.com/

check out their forum section and it mite give u enough of an idea when applying it to your starlet

good luck finding one mate, everytime a rwd starlet pops up in any condition they go for several thousand pounds.

also they're not used very much for drifting because of the short wheel base, i.e they just spin. something like an S13 would be a much better idea to learn in as they're actually decent at drifting, tunable and parts are in abundance.

the v8 models you saw would have been used for stockrod racing, which is a grip sport. they'll grip to a point then let go, they aren't competant drifters compared to the alternatives.

i have to second that mate. for the money youll spend getting a kp to a level where it can competently drift youll be able to buy 3 s13s.

short wheelbase cars are not goot drifters mate. most KPs are used for stockrod racing or grass rallying.

Guest Enzo

what size engine is in it the now?

you can still pic up a cheap kp, but im asuming you have the car already, you could source a 4k engine easy enough and tart that upart up the with some bigger carbs and also weld up the rear diff, junior drifting right there mate,

ive seen one conversion with a 4efte but that was some time ago and dont know any specifis on it and dont have a clue what gearbox was used, for the bellhousing, a more rewarding prospect would be the more comonly used 4age engine, only problem as other have mentioned is it would get pretty expensive to do unless you were a decent mechanic.

check out kp61.net and club-k.co.nz to draw ideas and inspiration from, both of them together hold tons of knowlage and ideas

yes, thats done the rounds. lots of power in a small shell, but again, not a drifter, the wheelbase is just too small. it'd drift, but not for long, before either gripping or spinning, you'd be permanently clutch kicking it and not getting very far, pretty useless for drifters unfortunately.