Anyone else get a knocking noise with coilovers

Well i have had this knocking noise coming from the back of my glanza since i bought it, i thought it was the bootlid but it has turned out its not and seems to be coming from each side of the car where the rear coilovers are situated. Is it just fact that when you fit coilovers on a glanza it rattles and bangs like a whore in the back? Also if not what could the problem be, they are Tein coilovers so not exactly cheap shit, they should last the life of the motor should they not?

M

teins are shit marc, so i'm not surprised they're knocking. behind JIC's they are probably the coilovers i'd trust the least.

pop the dust covers up and see if they're leaking, if they're now knocking then it may be that they leaked a long while ago.

I might know what it is! Mine Knocked for AGES and I changed Coilovers, Bearings, Discs, Pads and was about to do do subframe bushes!

Turned out to be the Panhard Rod. After I spent 1300+ quid :rolleyes:

Would u be able to tell the same sound if you heard it again ma man?

teins are shit marc, so i'm not surprised they're knocking. behind JIC's they are probably the coilovers i'd trust the least.

pop the dust covers up and see if they're leaking, if they're now knocking then it may be that they leaked a long while ago.

unusual everyone i have ever asked about teins seem to agree there a reallyt good quality coilover. But each to their own mate your allowed to have an opinion. Anyone else not rate Tein?

harry hasnt expressed himself that well...

they are GREAT coilovers... but, they are not trusty. they dont like bumpy roads and are prone to leaking, similar to the JIC Magiks. great coilovers, but not that hard wearing. they are made for track use, not bumpy shit UK roads.

ive had teins, and they died. i wouldnt buy another set unless i was building a track-only starlet.

no, it wasn't an opinion marc. its fact.

they are not highly regarded in japan by any stretch of the imagination, they are considered the bottom level as far as quality of suspension is concerned, they are just rather well promoted and advertised over this side of the water.

they would get shat all over by a decent set of coilovers, even on track, although they do suffer even more on our shitty uk roads.

check them first, it wont take long, just slip the dust sleeve up.

Teins wet themselfs over the state of our roads.FACT :rolleyes:

My cuscos make the whole car knock, its immense.

i swear to god, im going to go over a bump in the road oneday and my teeth are gonna fall out.

But yeah, all depends on the spring rates and how you have the dampers setup.

I bought stiff springs with my cuscos because i dont drive the car everyday, only when i want a bit of fun.So i just go slowly over shite roads.

Coilys are made for the track, so you have to be prepared to have knocks, rattles etc.

Mine squeeks from each corner but its all good, plus it knocks from inside the boot, even though i have it gutted out :rolleyes: