Batteries.......which are best

ok folks i had some battery troubles over the weekend...so i fancy upgrading to some form of heavy duty set up

i want yer opinions on what brands and or what type of battery is best to invest.

im mainly after a battery that will power my audio for longer then the standard toyota battery i currently use...

also are the yellow topped optima batteries any good???

i may be wrong here but i though the yellow top batteries were designed to work alongside a standard battery, not replace it.

are they??? i have absolutely no experience with them,

ive seen them in a few car audio installs as well so i though they mite be good for my needs

when i've seem them in installs they've often been mounted in the back of the car, with the standard battery up front.

ya i guess that they could be used as more of a secondary battery then a primary like what i want.

• 2 weeks later...

The first good thing with the Optima "yellow top" is that it's very durable + extremely long life.

The secound good thing with it is that it has a lot of "start up" power (amper), few times more then standard batteries.

It is good for stereo gear cause it can dump almost all it's capacity in a blink of an eye, wich is critical when you have a sudden elctrical drop caused by long bass or drum.

You can locate the battery in the trucnk beacuse it does not emmiting any gas, totally closed system.

Itamar.