electric windows

hi all,

im going to be fitting my glanza doors on to my car in the next couple of days, im wanting to know what i will need to have the power windows working, such as the window regulators, and if there is a how to for this (i searched but couldnt seem to find it), as my car is a sportif and has manual windows.

thanx

hi all,

im going to be fitting my glanza doors on to my car in the next couple of days, im wanting to know what i will need to have the power windows working, such as the window regulators, and if there is a how to for this (i searched but couldnt seem to find it), as my car is a sportif and has manual windows.

thanx

hey mate to get the power windows working ud need

elec motors and regulators to suit

the wiring loom form the doors

the switches

i wanna fit 'leccy windows. tired of these keep fit ones. is the loom already in place then? even if the car is not fitted with electric windows? i would presume so, as making different looms for one car would be a bit daft.

(i could look myself but can't be arsed ;) )

We think it is already in place but we haven't checked!

The only loom you need is the loom in the door for the electirc windows,and the plugs should be in the cars kick panel to wire the electircs into the window reg etc.

Yep all the wires are tucked under the carpet or under that bit of plastic next to the footwell. It's a white or blue plug if i remember correctly. Just whack the doors on and plug them in. :unsure:

Bourkey

Yep all the wires are tucked under the carpet or under that bit of plastic next to the footwell. It's a white or blue plug if i remember correctly. Just whack the doors on and plug them in. :D

Bourkey

"Idrees

Thanks (from Tayyib)

Where do the regulators go?

that is correct about the wiring the piece of the loom that u need is only going from the door to just inside the footwell.

as for the electric regulators these replace the "keep fit ones" :unsure: is just a matter of undo the manual regulators and then replace with elec regulators.

also i forgot to mention that u will have to drill the doors and pillars in order to fit the wiring and fit a set of those flexi tubes that u see in other cars, its more awkward then difficult but it will allow u to fit all sorts of electrics in the doors afterwards eg speakers, central locking.

We will be fitting complete new doors so no need for drilling :unsure:

hey idrees if its glanza doors your using then ya ull be fine.

but did your starlet come with electricsof some sort in the doors originally if not then u will still need to drill the pillar.

oh rite. i didnt know that he was your bro...

when i did the electrics i went to the breakers and got sum of the flexi tube things and drilled out the holes with a hole saw...

We got the relays yesterday too but they electrics are still not working.

Can you describe the relays? We got them out of a GT so just wondering whether they are the same

• 1 year later...
Got it sorted now mate so no worries. Thanks for all your help :thumbsup:

im having the same problem here.

when i fit al the wires together it shoud work but it doesnt.

does any one have a part number of the relay or is it just one universal relay.

also i cant fint the place where the relay should fit.

my instruction book says its a power 30A fuse.

but there must be any relay to.

or does any one have a how to or something like that.