Hey all, i have been looking for a glanza for a while now but cant realy find what i want in england so i'm thinking about importing one, but dont realy no much about it so i thought some of you loverly people could perhaps fill me in abit about what happens.

i no how to find one, pay and get it to england etc but what happens then? is i kept in some dock holding area what do i have to do to it other than the fog to make it road legal?

chris

Guest Enzo

ok im just going to spew this out as i only have a min before i need to shoot.

basicaly taxes shipping charges and the like amount to aproximatley £1300 on top of the price of the car.

you need to find an agent(i know a few) that will bid on a car at the auctions over there, deregister it and do all the paperwork readya and deliver it to the docks over there.

if its passed a 99 plate you will need a model report,

ive missed out some but im sure others will help soon

tata!

cheers enzo, i have been e-mailin the people over at todoroki trading as they have some absolutly amazing v's on their website but they have all been sold apart from a white one and i want a black one :D

Hi mate

The guy from Todoroki-Trading seems a good bloke and always replies quickly to emails, i was really tempted to import one from him, but i found and purchased one from someone else who had just imported it.

What kinda spec are you looking or are you wanting a standard model. Just be weary of what you get sent is what you'll have. I've heard a few negative stories about people importing Glanza's which seem fine on the sites they are advertised on, but once they've got here, they have had problems such as blown or leaking turbos, dodgy paint work (probs accident damaged), slipping clutches etc.

Thanks

Hi mate

The guy from Todoroki-Trading seems a good bloke and always replies quickly to emails, i was really tempted to import one from him, but i found and purchased one from someone else who had just imported it.

What kinda spec are you looking or are you wanting a standard model. Just be weary of what you get sent is what you'll have. I've heard a few negative stories about people importing Glanza's which seem fine on the sites they are advertised on, but once they've got here, they have had problems such as blown or leaking turbos, dodgy paint work (probs accident damaged), slipping clutches etc.

Thanks

i wouldnt expect a big importer like todoroki to send out a naf car but i totaly know what you mean this is why i started a post to try and gain some info to make sure i dont import or buy a crap v.

spec wise i am looking for a black glanza not to bothered about how modified it is, i kinda would like one with a set of coilovers allready on nd maybe a nice set of alloys :D but the rest i aint to bothered about as i would do my own modifications anyway

also a reason for me thinking about importing is there are some nice glanza's out there but i only have about 3,800 saved i would have to sell my current car to get the rest and the good v's sell for around 4-5 grand, so if i imported one it would only cost around 3-3500 to import then i can register it then i have a car when i come to sell my current one lol complicated i no :D

I'll say the same thing I normally say... Just do your homework on the trader in Japan before you send off your money. There are lots of horror stories about people sending off their money and never seeing anything ever again... There are some very good traders in Japan, but typically, they buy from Auction, add on their percentage, and then sell to you, so you're including their profit. With that in mind, you could use a UK importer with a good repuation, and get a car from auction for about the same cost. Then, if something goes wrong, you don't have to get on a flight to sort them out!

I, and many other traders can do this for you, so just something to think about...

hhmmm i knew i was hard and could take a long time but i didnt think it would be as hard as it sounds. sending off my money to another country is one of my biggest concern, but there are some realy, realy nice cars over there

dont no if these will work lol

http://www.todoroki-trading.com/stock/toyo...rletGlanza.html

http://www.todoroki-trading.com/stock/toyo...arlet-EP91.html

i no these have sold but i cant get this nice a glanza for my money in england, i totaly forgot about uk importers i will have to be some looking :D

neither of those are overly spectacular....

just buy one thats already here and in near stock condition, and go from there.

you can get it looking like those for a few hundred quid.

i have been looking for a while and looked at a fair few but they are either to expensive or in poor condition,

i went last week to essex to look at one and it just blowin blue smoke from the exhaust. another i looked at was

realy nice it was deadly b16's but for me had to higher milage (76,000) i no i might not seem to high as alot of

glanza have that kind of millage but if i keep it for two years when i come to sell it it will have over 100,000 miles

and be hard to sell.

i guess i am just realy picky :D which is my own stupid fult because i cant find a nice car, when there are nice ones out there

Can I ask, what car do you have at the moment?

2002 fiesta zetec s, silver- custom exhaust with k&n intake 110bhp 150 ib ft Torque

it's pritty quick keeps up with the glanza's till 3rd then get left behind lol :D

i have been looking for a while and looked at a fair few but they are either to expensive or in poor condition,

i went last week to essex to look at one and it just blowin blue smoke from the exhaust. another i looked at was

realy nice it was deadly b16's but for me had to higher milage (76,000) i no i might not seem to high as alot of

glanza have that kind of millage but if i keep it for two years when i come to sell it it will have over 100,000 miles

and be hard to sell.

i guess i am just realy picky :D which is my own stupid fult because i cant find a nice car, when there are nice ones out there

Anyone who knows about buying cars will go by the condition of the car not the milage!

I would happily buy a car thats over the 100k mark if it was well looked after,my current car was bought with 107k on the clock. I don't know why people get so hung up on the 100k mark :D

Oh and if you can't afford a good one ....then you certainly can't afford a cheap one!

Think about it :p

2002 fiesta zetec s, silver- custom exhaust with k&n intake 110bhp 150 ib ft Torque

it's pritty quick keeps up with the glanza's till 3rd then get left behind lol :D

Well surely thats worth something, and if you have £3800 and part ex with your fiesta you should have loads left over and will get something decent from that,

When i got mine it was up for £5000, I part ex'd my fiesta xr2i H reg bag o'crap and paid £3700. It was a bargain considering the head gasket was just about dead!

If you were interested in mine for instance, and I was up for selling, I would take your fiesta for part ex then cash.

it's not that i dont no anything about cars, and 100k doesnt bother me overly that much but i know that other people sometimes get bothered about it so i just worry that come the day i ever want to sell it might just be that bit harder.

Also i can afford a good one but the remaining amount of my money is left in my current car so i could not put down a full payment on a realy nice glanza till i sold my car, but dont want to sell my car and not be able to find the right glanza and be left with no car.

@speedfreak i have considered p/x my car but i no i wont get what it is worth, px i would only be able to get 2600-2800 and the car is well worth 3,300-400

i dont mean to moan, all the advice that has been given is realy helping me out but originaly i was just wanting to no whether importing was a good idea, and those that have done can tell me to steer clear or not

If importing a car was easy and cheap everyone would do it :D

You will save at most £500 so not worth it as far as i would say.

As for sellin it in 2-3years most Glanza's will be at similar milage depending on age anyway :D

Get your car sold...buy a £200 runabout and PX that against a dealer,or if you find a private sale buy it cash and sell the shitter in the free ads or for scrap :p

If importing a car was easy and cheap everyone would do it :D

You will save at most £500 so not worth it as far as i would say.

As for sellin it in 2-3years most Glanza's will be at similar milage depending on age anyway :D

Get your car sold...buy a £200 runabout and PX that against a dealer,or if you find a private sale buy it cash and sell the shitter in the free ads or for scrap :D

cheers for the advice i am like the most indecisive person ever :p , i have given glanza.co.uk a pm to see what he can do for me