FMIC ...Need help on fitting

I need abit of help.

I am a bit of a dunce when it comes to front mounts, and although my partner has an Evo with one on, he isnt sure about how Glanza ones work.

Basically, he brought me a new FMIC for xmas, and its about time I fitted it. But, how or where would I find details on what piping I need? And also, where can I find how details on how to fit it?

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks

I believe all front mounts are the same i.e the pipes go to the same place on any application

As for piping, do you know what front mount it is??

Is it an aftermarket Glanza one or just any old front mount?

If its just any old one im sure a custom exhaust fabricator could make up a pipe kit for it :D

yeah as sparky says the pipes all go the same places but some take different routes. you can but pipe kits on the tinternet just try doing a search but you will have to make sure they fit the size of the intercooler etc....

or just sell the intercooler he got you and buy a hid intercooler kit, as i think a piping kit on it own approx costs £150ish(if not more) and the hid full kit(easyish to fit) costs about £300

• 1 month later...

what kind of gains do u get from a FMIC ? is it much more than the standard IC ?

Also would a more expensive HKS or BLITZ FMIC give better performance figures than the HID ? or you just paying for the name ?

what kind of gains do u get from a FMIC ? is it much more than the standard IC ?

Also would a more expensive HKS or BLITZ FMIC give better performance figures than the HID ? or you just paying for the name ?

a fmic is in a better location to make the best of the moving air at the front of the car to cool the intake charge. it is better than a tmic because after a while of spirited driving the heat of the engine heats the tmic reducing its efficiency. a blitz intercooler is massive, too big for a ct9, better suited for something bigger like a tdo5 etc. hid will do the job just depends if your into names or not.