hey sorry again to the admins but i couldnt find a certain bit o info!

Fitted my corolla manifold last night, absolutely savage but did anybodys sounds like it could be drawing air from somewhere? is that noise normal? i thought it might be because the corolla manifold is thinner so might be more noisey? i checked all the connections, used brand new gaskets from toyota etc and it just seems very noisey at tickover, but not a normal noise? also did anybody elses idle rise after fitting? mine is up to nearly 1000rpm? normally 850? :)

thanks

alan

did you reset the ECU by taking of the battery for 10 minutes?

it maybe would help the idling problem.

The rolla manifold does make more sounds and you here the suction better. Did you also change the rest of the setup?

Thinking of maybe a other filter? that could be the cause to.

I would not further be concerned if the car drives normally.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Kevin

yer buddy that do make a bit more noise and at hi revs that make a sweet sucking sound when you have a nice induction kit on :) and the ideal problem is probable just because the bit that the cabal gos in to is in a slightly different place so there is more tension on it, there is nut at the side of the throtal lever that the can fanny about with (pics) to change the ideal point! i did this when i was teaching the GF how to drive so it was harder to STOL lol

03122007516.jpg

03122007517.jpg

nixt.jpg

nixt2.jpg

pees out brow

@ Kevink, yeah disconnected the battery while doin the job! driving fine, also took the slack outta the accelerator cable. should be alright, have an induction kit that i cleaned with a cleaner kit so we shall see!! thanks a million!

@ Tintin SR, thanks dude checked it all out, so im happy enough with it now!!! throttle cable was slack before now it is just perfect but thanks for your help! appreciate it!! thanks!