Where to wire up jam fcc- ecu or map sensor?

i have just recently got me a jam fcc/fcd and was wondering what was the best place to wire it up to? some people connect it to the ecu, but some say you should connect it to the map sensor- i looked and cannot for the life of me find the map sensor but i am probably being a spaz lol.

also if someone could find me a diagram or a how to on wiring one that would be great- done a search but only came up with connecting it to the map sensor.

advice would be most appreciated ;)

Mine has been there for about 4 months now through the brittish weather and its still working fine.

Maybe people have wired it in the wrong way. Or they have opened theirs up and messed with the POT as it was set out the factory.

If it don't work just solder the MAP Sensor wires back together and heat shrink it so its as good as new. An try wiring it into the ECU which i haven't seen done before with the JAM FCD, but have got a wiring diagram for the HKS FCD.

Edit: When fitted your car will run lean so you will need a Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator, which will need to be setup at a Rolling Road.

oh ok, thanks for the information, what would i need as a minimum to have my car rolling road, engine management wise- cant really afford an emanage lol

edit: just remembered an emanage has a built in fcd, what do other people use to rolling road there cars?

Depends,

What mods do you currently have?

What are you trying to achieve? 1Bar?

oh ok, thanks for the information, what would i need as a minimum to have my car rolling road, engine management wise- cant really afford an emanage lol

You don't need any mods to have your car rolling roaded.

well i am slowly gathering bits nd pieces fmic, decat, full system, bov, hks actuator. so if i put the jam fcc on i could just take it like that and get it rr? i dont need any type of fuel controller i notice people have apexi and blitz stuff but dont really no what they are for lol- i no there are boost controllers but i mean the other ones.

oh nd hope to run 1bar

To run 1 bar you will also need an uprated manifold. You will need a Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator to go with the FCD, it's the rrfpr that needs to be setup at the RR. You could even get a safc which will also need setting up at the rolling road.

Hopefully you will have sorted your handling and braking out by this point.

cheers for all the info, nd yeah handling is well under way with some coily's and various bits going on. cant believe i didn't realise a rrfpr was a fuel regulator lol- am in the process of getting rrfpr some gauges and manifold under the hood. what is a safc?

are auto gauge, gauges any good? from what i have seen they dont look to bad- a tad budget but any good?

The second-generation S-AFC is a fuel computer that adjusts fuel/air ratio by modifying the air-flow meter/MAP sensor signal. The S-AFC features a user-definable, eight-point, adjustable fuel curve that can be set in 500 RPM increments. The range of fuel adjustment is +/- 50% at each of the user-defined setting points. On hot-wire vehicles, the Deceleration Air Flow Correction function is capable of curing the erratic idle and stall problems associated with open-atmosphere blow-off valves on hot-wire air-flow meter systems. The S-AFC is capable of monitoring and replaying the following data channels in Numerical, Analog Meter and Graph displays: Intake Manifold Vacuum/Boost Pressure, Air Flow Capacity, Intake Manifold Pressure, Karmann Frequency, Engine RPM, Throttle Position, and Air Flow Correction %

I have Autogauge gauges, are you talking about the smoked screen 1's? I have 3 an they do the trick.

I have Autogauge gauges, are you talking about the smoked screen 1's? I have 3 an they do the trick.

not sure havnt decided yet but as long as they are ok then they will do me, just cant aford sard or blitz ones

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hi mate

Hows it going?

I also have a JAM bcc, but i dont have an aftermarket manifold, i cant remember wether you do or not.

I cant remember wether you told me you had a FMIC or not. if you dont you could also benifit from one of these.

Without the manifold and fuel pressure regulator you can do serious damage to your engine.

Dont hesitate to hit me with a pm if you want any more help.

oo haven't looked on here in ages lol,

no i'm not at 1bar yet unfortunately but don't want to rush and make a hash of it, it's annoying as i had a jam fcd and sard rrfpr but sold them both and am looking to get an emanage but now being back at uni i don't no whether i will ever be able to afford one :) so might buy these again just to get my car set up properly and make sure it is fueling ok until i can get an emanage

Jules- yeah got fmic, everything but the manifold, i will get in touch soon about relocating my filter. but yeah realy need a manifold it's at the top of my list lol

A manifold is definatly a high priority. i have ported my standard one a bit, but still running about standard boost as i dont want to cause any damage to the engine.

You might have already chosen a manifold but o well ill say it anyway!.. You pay for what you get at the end of the day, so the autobahn, japspeed (any manifold made from 304) will be no use, and will crack. Again mild steel isnt the best answer either, but does work alot better than 304.

Here are links to the most recommeded manifolds that have seen good results.

excuse the links to tgtt!!

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/showthread.php?t=19313

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103

those are the two best ones i can think of at the moment.

yeah i have have a poke around on tgtt quite alot as i have a sps decat so Dane is a top bloke and will most proberly end up with one of his race coated mainifolds when i get money to gether.

i would get a zisco one as they look amazing but are a touch out my price range, unless a good second hand one pops up again and i have the money.