Hey all. If you have read my "evening all" post in the new members section you will have seen the question ive asked about what can i say to insurers about how long ive had my license when i re-do my test.

Well ive spoken to the DVLA today after recieving my provisional back from them and thought id ask them to see if they knew. The answer she gave almost made me want to go and grab her and kiss her ! haha.

She said "When u pass your test now your new Full license will come back and will have the date you originally passed your test on"

So that means it will show sometime in 2001 haha.. so when insurance companies ask me when i passed my test i can then give them that date so insurance is going to be nice and low now.

Im over the moon with this piece of news and have got my first lesson 2moro (just need to get back into driving how they want me to drive now)

Wish me luck all and hopefully ill have a glanza and my license by the next time u all meet up ;)

i had the same thing when mine got revoked mate, didnt no how to put it so gave the dvla a call n they told me the same, still kept no claims n how long id originally been driving for, jus had a fair few more points lol

forget everything u ever did when u was driving n think your a new driver who knows nothing mate, only way ull learn to drive how they want you to drive to pass your test

lol.. ive been dying for the last few months trying to find this answer haha. All good tho. I waited until my points had cleared before gettin my license back. All nice and clean now lol.. lets hope it stays that way.

Yea thats it. Ive driven a few of my mates cars recently etc so i can still drive, drove this girls lupo gti the other day too haha.. they are quick lil cars those. But i was stupid, just couldnt resist.

But that is stopping now i have my license. Straight and narrow from now on ;)